Camera placement opinions / IR adjustments.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
will do

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i am using windows 10 browser. i do know before i tried chrome and it did not seem to work. @ Del Boy - i never see that. i did look for that

Pretty sure that's the problem. IE edge doesn't support the plugin as well as the regular IE browser. Just do a search for Internet Explorer and you'll find it. Pin it to your taskbar/start menu.

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it will not work with windows 10 edge - you need to use Internet Explorer.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have not tried the new browser in Win10 yet myself since I always use IE since I know it works. Try using IE and see if you get the message like Del Boy says
good call. thanks! i did not even think about that since it didn't show up in chrome either. i should know better since i deal with this kind of crap at work daily. amazing how many apps in IT are only supported on one browser or the other and even version specific...

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm not guaranteeing this is going to fix it. Whilst you are there though. Turn SMART IR to ON

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not guaranteeing this is going to fix it. Whilst you are there though. Turn SMART IR to ON
oh yea i will. i am looking into IR Illuminators. probably get one. i have noticed that while these cameras have a better night picture the IR illumination is nothing compared to the knock off bullet cams i had. they lit up my neighbor on that camera, my driveway cam could see to the edge of the driveway (now it is only 1/2 of my cars) and my pool area lit up all the way to end of pool.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yours have better illumination, the problem is that it's so strong that the bush is reflecting too much back.

Put some electrical black tape over half the IR array and you will be able to see further. That's why your cheaper ones could see further.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
that BLC on really jacked up my daytime image. it is all washed out.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
You need web components installed/supported to save settings in this particular tab because it auto saves, which is IE and I believe firefox only. It's annoying because all other tabs can be Saved using button in the mobile browser.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh it is still only 4pm here. i will try it this evening and see how it goes. was not aware you can do that. i see that in the options now. if it works i will try that out. thanks

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK BLC made a HUGE difference. Thanks. I am probably going to give an IR Illuminator a try because I am curious how it will do. comparing this to the first one, the first is much more crisp but this one has much better coverage. any way to clear this one up? i am not interested in moving the camera so external IR I will be the way to go if that is my only option.

Attachments

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Make sure that the IR illuminator isn't lighting up the bush. Otherwise You'll end up with the same issue all over again!

Did you turn Smart IR on too?

I know your're not moving the camera but you should probably tilt it upwards 5 to 10 degrees and rotate it clockwise 5 to 10 degrees. That will get rid of alot of the right bush and some of the left bush whilst not missing out on any action. It will make a massive difference.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i think i forgot smart ir. i will check and try tonight and report back. i thought i rotated it some last night but it does not seem so. i will do it again later. also, i will tilt it up some but i think i had to turn it back down due to the lip of the roof catching it and creating a similar effect. i will mess around tonight and let you know.

thanks!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh yes, lip of the roof not ideal! I forgot.

If you ever need another camera, then get a 4mm (or maybe even 6mm) and swap it with this one (I suspect it's 2.8mm). That will help your issues immensly.

Also 2432 doesn't have very good IR range. That's where the IR illuminators will help. I thought you had 2342 turrets... whoops.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
2432 doesn't, 2342 does.

If I were you I would just put up LED lighting and run the camera in day mode. (don't light up the bush!).