Camera placement opinions / IR adjustments.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I replaced some bullet cameras with the new HV 2342s and while the images are much clearer, the arrangement of the IR on this turret is obviously different from what I had. The placement here is the corner of my house covering the left side of my house. What would you do to resolve this IR issue - reflection from the bush. Including a daytime picture for comparison.

Attachments

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you have smart IR on? Maybe it would help some, although I really doubt it. I think the best option would be to have an external illuminator for the area and turn off the camera's IR, or off course, go with a different camera. If you consider that as an option here are some decent illuminators with good reviews.

http://wrightwoodsurveillance.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=66&zenid=cb265f9bce13d1284ded886628f20b10

Also, you can purchase from this website if you are interested in different options.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c70cX6UC

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure about that. That's a pretty bush! :cool2:
lol, it crossed my mind! for about a second. then i thought of what my wife would do with me. she'd get a bit more than "choppy" with me. ;) i was thinking about the external IR option. thanks for the suggestion. one thing i am going to do is adjust it so it is off of the bush a bit more since i have another camera catching the left of the frame too. bad thing is these turrets can only adjust so much before i have to change the mount. i sure like that about the bullet. so easy to adjust.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I would get external IR or better yet mini ptz with super powerful IRs mount it to the side somewhere or higher and point it to the same spot. Disable IR on the turret and problem solved. That way there would be double coverage and night vision unaffected

hotwire

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Could you rotate the body of the turret camera 180° and then make adjustments in the camera menu to rotate the image back so that it's not upside down?

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's a nice bush alright. The camera is trying to set the exposure correctly so it's compensating for the very bright bush.

If you were to use an external IR illuminator, depending on where it is mounted you may still have an issue. Probably won't be as bad but when you have a large area like that soo close to the camera it does play havoc on the exposure.

Is it possible at all to try a different position?

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
does wavelength matter on IR Illuminators? not sure what this camera uses

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The factory IR is about 850nm because they are just visible to the human eye and work with the camera the best.

If you use 940nm illuminators you will need probably 2 - 3 times the power to match 850nm LEDs. However, the light won't be visible at all to the human eye.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Firstly, the roof being in the picture doesn't help.

The real issue is the bush. You could try putting BLC on with left and see what happens then.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BLC is backlight compensation or correction or something like that.

It's a setting you can find on the cameras interface under Advanced then image.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ah OK. brings up another question. i have been on that screen a few times and there is no "save" button for any of my cameras on this page. so i cannot save the changes on this tab

Attachments

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ah OK. brings up another question. i have been on that screen a few times and there is no "save" button for any of my cameras on this page. so i cannot save the changes on this tab
Those settings will change as soon as you select them. Auto save.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you using IE as the browser to access the camera settings?

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i am using windows 10 browser. i do know before i tried chrome and it did not seem to work. @ Del Boy - i never see that. i did look for that

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have not tried the new browser in Win10 yet myself since I always use IE since I know it works. Try using IE and see if you get the message like Del Boy says