Camera locations for future house

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any reason for weather cam that beats just looking out the window?
The other week here in Melbourne we had a spectacular meteorite that turned the night into day. I think the experts called it space junk falling to earth. If my weather cam was in place I would have captured that event.

Reaction score
Alright! So they have wired it up but I have some questions on the wiring.. I did see where it talked about to never run parallel to power, but these currently do run like that in some spots, so wanted to check opinion here if will cause much issues? These are cat6 cables, don't think they are shielded.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - power and cat5e/6 runs... ideally I like to keep them separated and not run in parallel..

power effects based on (1/R) ^2 rule.. so 2x the radio / distance from the power will reduce the interference from EMF by 1/4 .. what does this mean to me in general, I try to run my cat5e/6 at least 1 foot away from the power.

The few times i've had to run cat5e/cat6 next to power, I just cut a section of 1/2" or 3/4" EMT and used that to shield my unshielded cable.. yeah, probably should have grounded the emt section.. but I didn't.

Worked well in practice for me.