Camera for Shed?

Reaction score
Are you concerned about that area under neath the overhang? Or concerned on the other side of the shed? Or both?

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you concerned about that area under neath the overhang? Or concerned on the other side of the shed? Or both?
Both really. I want to see if somebody walks behind and into the underneath part of the shed.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can still do the small 1/4" hole if you mount something like a PF130 to the siding block. I've done that in the past and it works well. Saves you from having to go to the 3/4" hole.
Have a link to the PF130?

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
A 1/4" drill bit and a drill. :) There's a 3/4" hub (threaded opening) on the back and to on the sides, one on the right and one on the bottom (it can be rotated to make that the left and top). I'd suggest Duct Seal for the back hub to keep the seal as watertight as possible.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A 1/4" drill bit and a drill. :) There's a 3/4" hub (threaded opening) on the back and to on the sides, one on the right and one on the bottom (it can be rotated to make that the left and top). I'd suggest Duct Seal for the back hub to keep the seal as watertight as possible.
OK,I think I got it. The 1/4 is for the network cable and then it connects to the Camera inside the junction box?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how are you planning on getting a network connection out to the shed? How far is it from you house/NVR/Blue Iris machine?

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how are you planning on getting a network connection out to the shed? How far is it from you house/NVR/Blue Iris machine?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That's the one. Flexible, never really hardens and can be easily removed, and be reused, when necessary.

Good move with the Nano stations! I looked at the first post and didn't see anything. Should have scrolled a little more slowly back down.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@wittaj How's that camera do in real low light? Does it need auxiliary IR? I suspect the area here is totally dark other than moon/starlight.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have one on the side of the house that has zero light and it does surprisingly well. But I am using it more as overview cams as well.

Obviously it suffers from the same limitations of any 2.8mm or 3.6mm and distances to IDENTIFY, so as long as you aren't expecting it to ID someone 40 feet away but more in the 10-15 range, it does well.

The IR on it seems to be more hotspot focused than my other cams, so if you want to see far and wide you might need some auxiliary or slow the shutter down.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The list of review threads I have plus a link to Andy's Amazon store and Andy's email address. He can ship anywhere.

5442 Reviews

Andy Wang kingsecurity2014@163.com

Link to the 5442T-ZE

Link to the 5442TM-AS This is the actual model number. Also make sure you select the right lens, 2.8, 3.6 or 6mm

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use 1/8x2" aluminum fat stock with pop riveted "wings" for turrets or bullets to mount them.

If you do mount to siding, use something like this -
Lowes or Home Depot should have them as well.
I was about to order the block and then noticed that my siding looks different than the picture. The shed has a bevel at the top of the siding that looks like this in the second picture......Block
Seems to be whats called a Dutch Lap block. Is this what I need?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That looks like it'll work with your siding. Just measure the setback to make sure. Worst case, if it doesn't fit, you can send it back to Amazon.