Camera doesn't seem to be able to connect the time server

JT Blue Iris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
since I have all my cameras on a separate network (30 subnet) that is not Internet connected I have installed and running the Net Time program on the same machine that I am running blue Iris on, which seems to be functioning.
The problem seems to be that my HIK cameras cannot get the time from the server program.
Attached is a screenshot from one of the cameras, 30.103 is the IP address of the PC.
If I hit the test button it fails.
What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there an option on the Hik to Sync w/ PC?
I think I have that selected on some of my alledged, HIk OEM, (maybe) Jidetech camera web UI's.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there an option on the Hik to Sync w/ PC?
I think I have that selected on some of my alledged, HIk OEM, (maybe) Jidetech camera web UI's.
The option to synchronize with PC is just a one-time thing to save you from trying to enter the time manually. The clock is free to drift if you don't sync with NTP.

JT Blue Iris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the response!

I don't see any option in the HIK camera to sync with PC..
Attached is the debug log

Attachments

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you checked to make sure the windows firewall is not blocking the camera requests?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I was successful on my Dahua camera to use my NTP server on a different subnet. Yes, firewall exclusion rules for port 123 is needed between subnets. And yes, since you are using a windows machine, excluded port 123 as well on the windows firewall as Looney suggested.
Should work.
For additional troubleshooting purposes, you could slap in a laptop on the subnet of the cameras. Now you can easily ping, wire shark, troubleshoot.

JT Blue Iris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great forum, I don't know how I could've set this whole thing up and have it running so well without all your help!
You should all be proud of yourself, really appreciate it!