Camera and NVR suggestions

manxam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

1/ I have need of a couple of dome version of the venerable varifocal turret that everyone's discussing but cannot find anything from Empire. Does a model such as this exist?

This is for a business to be installed in drop ceiling and the turret is just way too bulky for this purpose. I have a couple of 4231F-AS already but would really prefer a slightly larger varifocal.

Could anyone recommend a model number?

2/ I require two outdoor mounts for 5231E-Z bullets that protrude from the building about 6" or so and then will allow me to aim the camera's basically parallel to the front and rear of the buildings to capture the glass frontage and rear bay doors.

3/ I need a POE nvr for all of this (a separate POE switch and NVR w/o POE is not doable on this project). The best that I can find for a reasonable price is the NVR4208-8P-4KS2 but the "Lite" in the description worries me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

manxam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Looney, the accessories for that camera only shows a junction box: PFA121. I would need something like the PFB121W wall mount bracket but it does not appear to be compatible with this line. Is there another camera that I should choose or is there a way to make this design work?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You do realize the cam is completely adjustable with the included mount? The junction box would add further standoff off 2.17 inches. If you really need more, you'll have to improvise, or choose a different cam from the above link.

manxam

n3wb
Reaction score
Without having one in my hand, I assumed that I could not turn the camera 90 degrees to the mounting pivot. Am I wrong in thinking this? I would need the arm perpendicular to the wall but the camera parallel to the wall.
Code:
______  (wall)
  |       (arm)
   -->    (camera)
Ascii art to the rescue! :)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

1/ I have need of a couple of dome version of the venerable varifocal turret that everyone's discussing but cannot find anything from Empire. Does a model such as this exist?

This is for a business to be installed in drop ceiling and the turret is just way too bulky for this purpose. I have a couple of 4231F-AS already but would really prefer a slightly larger varifocal.

Could anyone recommend a model number?

2/ I require two outdoor mounts for 5231E-Z bullets that protrude from the building about 6" or so and then will allow me to aim the camera's basically parallel to the front and rear of the buildings to capture the glass frontage and rear bay doors.

3/ I need a POE nvr for all of this (a separate POE switch and NVR w/o POE is not doable on this project). The best that I can find for a reasonable price is the NVR4208-8P-4KS2 but the "Lite" in the description worries me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Dome use IPC-HDBW5231R-Z and IPC-HDBW5231E-Z OR ipc-HDBW4231E-AS. These all domes, not sell very well, so not put them online.

manxam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I cannot seem to find a the difference between these two models except that the E-AS has 3 LED whereas the E-Z has 2. Are there are other differences?
Could you please send me a PM with pricing of 2 units + availability?

Thank you!

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am also considering one of these domes to replace my older Hikvision Turret (4mm), so that I could get a better view of my mailbox that is 30+ feet away. I would prefer the dome to the bullet style camera, since the dome looks a bit more stealth in my opinion. I know folks around here really like the bullet, IPC-HFW8232E-Z, but that thing is a bit larger than I would prefer.

Would image quality really suffer that much using the IPC-HDBW5231E-Z over the Bullet style? In my case the camera will be on the North side of the house, so no direct sun anytime of the day.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I am also considering one of these domes to replace my older Hikvision Turret (4mm), so that I could get a better view of my mailbox that is 30+ feet away. I would prefer the dome to the bullet style camera, since the dome looks a bit more stealth in my opinion. I know folks around here really like the bullet, IPC-HFW8232E-Z, but that thing is a bit larger than I would prefer.

Would image quality really suffer that much using the IPC-HDBW5231E-Z over the Bullet style? In my case the camera will be on the North side of the house, so no direct sun anytime of the day.
This model is a bit big, you can use IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, this is smaller.

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Andy, the model you referred too looks like a turret style and only zooms to around 12mm. I am looking for something with at least double that. Here are the options I found:

Dome: IPC-HDBW5231E-Z5E
Bullet: IPC-HFW8232E-Z

The bullet style is much larger than the dome from what I can tell. My question is whether the image quality on the dome would be comparible to the bullet?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Andy, the model you referred too looks like a turret style and only zooms to around 12mm. I am looking for something with at least double that. Here are the options I found:

Dome: IPC-HDBW5231E-Z5E
Bullet: IPC-HFW8232E-Z

The bullet style is much larger than the dome from what I can tell. My question is whether the image quality on the dome would be comparible to the bullet?
Hi Steve

Actually speaking guys here not use dome too much, maybe they use some area easy touched for the cams, because dome one is vandal proof ones. The bad thing is it has bad refection in the night, IPC-HFW8232E-Z surely the crazy best one.