Calling Android users! Hik-Connect push notifications not showing when locked [SOLVED]

Cpjcutts

n3wb
Reaction score
We have only been waiting the best part of 4-5 years. Whats a bit longer hey poor really for a company like them

ultimz

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone know if there has been any update to this? I loaded on the new Hik-Connect app (Version: 4.15.1.0623) Hikvision App Store

The new version seems to have a setting called "Auto-Receive Alarm after Powering on" ... it's enabled for me but still having issues getting notifications from my doorbell to my Samsung S9

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes, i have issues too with 4.15, when my android is in sleepmode, when someone pressed the doorbell button, hikconnect doesnt call me
when i downgrade to 4.14, it works again
battery optimalization is also disabled on my phone

ultimz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know. I will try downgrading.

Are you running Version: 4.14.1.0407 ?

ultimz

n3wb
Reaction score
Perfect thanks NoFate!

I have downgraded and it seems to be working for me too - will continue testing. Just can't believe that's the "fix". Really frustrated with Hikvision...

Bottom line: stay away from 4.15!

ultimz

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes it seems to be working again - see my post above confirming this. I have tested on 2 phones (Samsung S9 and S20). Will continue to test over the next day or 2

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah its indeed strange, i hope a fix is coming soon

WiSE

n3wb
Reaction score
Cool I'll load it on and leave my wife on the old version... will let you know how it goes :thumb:
Same problem here.

Before I downgrade to 4.14.1.0407 I would like to hear your feedback on the recent update of today. I'm also going to install the most recent version tomorrow.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@WiSE

its not working...

on version 4.14.1 you can just close all background apps and receive call notifications... after you close all apps (or just hikconnect) on version 4.15.1 and 4.16.0 you will never receive a call until you open hikconnect again. any app can send notifications even if you close them in background. this is the function of google fcm ! so if the app crash in background, your phone close it or you close it (i know many people who just closes all apps from time to time) , you will not receive any notifications !

maybe they are not able to use it anymore... i have no idea what they did... maybe the same problem why they are not on playstore anymore !

Last edited:

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@WiSE

Just dont close background apps and hope that hikconnect dont crash in background ;)
they mess around with the calling system and hikconnect... they changed the banner style... they just destroy it.

please test yourself ! dont forget to set settings again for hikconnect app..... maybe its phone related... like i say you can just close background apps .. if you dont get notifications, downgrade to 4.14.1 ... only if we find out whats the problem and let hik now, they will fix it.

Screenshot_20210708_011356_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg

new:

Screenshot_20210708_011656_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg

WiSE

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately I dealing here with a really stubborn Samsung S20 which is so aggresive in closing (background) apps, unbelievable!
Looking on the internet it seems there is no way (yet) do really take back control. You could go into the settings -> apps > Hik-Connect and give some additional battery settings. But as the app is no linger installed thru Play Store, you wil lnot find it in the app list :-( At least I believe that is the reason.

So today tested 4.16 but unfortuantely it didn't gave the solution. Tomorrow I will downgrade to 4.14 to see if this will (temporarly) fix the problem.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Installed the new update on my S21 & Tab S7 and notifications come through fine. I do disable doze feature.