Calling Android users! Hik-Connect push notifications not showing when locked [SOLVED]

Cpjcutts

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having the exact same issues as you WieHebHet
I have a customer that is going crazy about this and at first Hikvison denied ever being a problem, then despite what I was telling them previously they ket saying the Doze issue was fix (we no this is not correct) but since android 10, the problem has gotten worse. I am still replying back and forth with them and they are still in denile. It is clear that with Samsung phones the issue is not resolved. And basically hikvision do not have the programming knowledge to fix their buggy software. Which also explains why they have so many variants of the same software. If they just concentrated on one then maybe things would run smoothly for everyone.

Cpjcutts

n3wb
Reaction score
I should note, I am getting notifications for movement. The issue is purely receiving notifications when someone presses the intercom button or door bell. It works perfect on Apple phones and non Samsung phones. But Android 10 is a no play

WieHebHet

n3wb
Reaction score
With me it's as random as it can get.

Doorbell Come through whenever it wants. Notifications as well. When disabling doze it works a bit better but still not as it should.

Most sad thing is that hikvision stopped helping endusers and installers directly so now i have to do an appeal on the vendors.

As i understand it hikvision should give their pushed a higher priority. Maybe you can do something with that.

I hope to hear from you

Last edited:

AdamNeill

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. Still pulling my hair out over it. Called Samsung and tech support kept insisting it was a carrier issue. Experiencing this issue on S7 Edge on Verizon & AT&T. There's got to be a way to fix this.
Hi, I'm new here and am really struggling with this same issue. I have a Samsung S9 with all the latest updates for Android etc. I am using the latest Hik Connect app and have the latest firmware for my automated gates and indoor station.

My issue is that the app does not receive alerts when someone rings my intercom. Live view etc works fine. I have to have the app open and the phone unlocked.

I can get it to work if I take the call when the app is open and the phone is unlocked, and THEN it will work afterwards with the app closed and phone locked but NOT when I restart my phone! Everyday I have to go out to the intercom, have my phone unlocked and app open, press the intercom, take the call and then close the app and lock my screen for it to work. Madness!

It's so infuriating, all other apps like Ring, WhatsApp etc work brilliantly for alerts and I don't need to drain my battery by having all the access setting on and battery options as I do for Hik Connect.

Did anyone solve this please?

Thank you!

Cpjcutts

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and am really struggling with this same issue. I have a Samsung S9 with all the latest updates for Android etc. I am using the latest Hik Connect app and have the latest firmware for my automated gates and indoor station.

My issue is that the app does not receive alerts when someone rings my intercom. Live view etc works fine. I have to have the app open and the phone unlocked.

I can get it to work if I take the call when the app is open and the phone is unlocked, and THEN it will work afterwards with the app closed and phone locked but NOT when I restart my phone! Everyday I have to go out to the intercom, have my phone unlocked and app open, press the intercom, take the call and then close the app and lock my screen for it to work. Madness!

It's so infuriating, all other apps like Ring, WhatsApp etc work brilliantly for alerts and I don't need to drain my battery by having all the access setting on and battery options as I do for Hik Connect.

Did anyone solve this please?

Thank you!
This is still ongoing, I have been In contact with Hikvision UK for nearly a year now with various excuses from them. They started by denying an issues, then went on to they have found an issue which relates only to S10+ phones.

As far as they where concered, if its working their end then its not their problem. Only they where not testing with Samsung phones. Proof of this was in the form of screen shots they where sending me.

Good news is that this has been escalated and they are apparently looking further in to this. But in honesty I doubt after all this time that they will resolve it. Its poor on Hikvisions part.
My advise to you is to get on to the place you purchased it from and get them to keep on at Hikvision. The more people do it the more chance there is of a resoloution.

For information, it works perfect with Iphone. But as I said to them, why should I change my phone just to resolve a problem your end.
End of the day they are the biggest supplier of cctv equipment in the world, so they should be able to write the software correctly. If others like Ring, Nest, eufy etc can all get it working then why cant these.

AdamNeill

n3wb
Reaction score
This is still ongoing, I have been In contact with Hikvision UK for nearly a year now with various excuses from them. They started by denying an issues, then went on to they have found an issue which relates only to S10+ phones.

As far as they where concered, if its working their end then its not their problem. Only they where not testing with Samsung phones. Proof of this was in the form of screen shots they where sending me.

Good news is that this has been escalated and they are apparently looking further in to this. But in honesty I doubt after all this time that they will resolve it. Its poor on Hikvisions part.
My advise to you is to get on to the place you purchased it from and get them to keep on at Hikvision. The more people do it the more chance there is of a resoloution.

For information, it works perfect with Iphone. But as I said to them, why should I change my phone just to resolve a problem your end.
End of the day they are the biggest supplier of cctv equipment in the world, so they should be able to write the software correctly. If others like Ring, Nest, eufy etc can all get it working then why cant these.
Thank you, so encouraging to know that I'm not alone! Completely agree with everything you've written. I've asked my supplier to raise this with Hik and to continue to chase for updates on my behalf. If I learn of anything I will certainly post updates here.

Cpjcutts

n3wb
Reaction score
That would be great, more information we can get together the better. Unfortunately Hikvision have a issue with dealing with consumers direct and put the problems on the distributors. So if you are out of any warranty then I doubt anyone will help. Poor service really

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is a Samsung issue with the batter saving feature. I've had the doorbell for 2-1/2 years using it with an Ipad and Samsung phone. Ipad gets instant alerts, Samsung is delayed. You have to ADB into the phone to disable doze to get notifications in a timely manner. The doze feature also affect gmail notifications when enabled. I disable the doze feature every time I reboot the phone which isn't often.

AdamNeill

n3wb
Reaction score
It is a Samsung issue with the batter saving feature. I've had the doorbell for 2-1/2 years using it with an Ipad and Samsung phone. Ipad gets instant alerts, Samsung is delayed. You have to ADB into the phone to disable doze to get notifications in a timely manner. The doze feature also affect gmail notifications when enabled. I disable the doze feature every time I reboot the phone which isn't often.
Thanks Bob. I appreciate that this may help alleviate the issue (until the phone is restarted) and this thread was useful in explaining the temporary workaround.

For me though, I don't fancy tinkering too much with developer settings on my phone, as to my mind the installation of my automated gates is brand new and for me the app should just work with Samsung devices (mine is an S9).

Hik developers ought to investigate the issue and present a solution, rather than customers being left to administer code themselves on their phones.

Thanks for pointing out the workaround though!

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using the S9 also and last I heard the issue is on all Samsung models. I don't think chasing Hikvision is the solution when the issue appears to be with Samsung. I've read numerous posts in Samsung forums regarding delayed notifications with various apps. That is where I found the work around. Good Luck.

AdamNeill

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using the S9 also and last I heard the issue is on all Samsung models. I don't think chasing Hikvision is the solution when the issue appears to be with Samsung. I've read numerous posts in Samsung forums regarding delayed notifications with various apps. That is where I found the work around. Good Luck.
Thanks Bob. Due a new phone soon so might think twice buying a Samsung now..!

Cpjcutts

n3wb
Reaction score
Cant really see how it can be a samsung issue when every other company can have it working. Dont get me wrong, its definately samsung related as I have tested on other android devices with no problem. But all the other manufacturers like Ring, Eufy, swann, unifi and others work perfectly well. Yet Hikvision, Ezviz and the other names under the Hikvision brand all have the issue. Its very much a hikvision issue thst needs addressing. End of the day Samsung is the biggest Android phone vendor in the world, so you should be designing you apps to work.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys,

i finshed installing the system 8003... now tested android app, if i press the doorbell button at the 8003 , someone picks up with android, when i talk into the 8003 , i hear myself talking as an echo?? how is that possible?

i think its because, if i answer the call on android, its activates the speaker on android, so someone speaks, it comes to loudspeaker, and the mic of the android is picking it up again

anyone got this too?

WieHebHet

n3wb
Reaction score
So.... it has been a while and i have escalated this issue to the shop i bought some of my camera's from. He says he has never heard of this, that is to say he never had customers complain about it (except for me ofcourse).
He directed me to PG, which is the importer of Hikvision here in Holland.
They aknowledged the issue and advised me some steps first (upgrading latest fw on nvr, but more importantly reset the device to factory deafaults afterwards. I ususally imprted my backup settings so this was hopefull insight).
FIne, did that, no improvement.
Called them back and they redirected me back to the vendor.... which now has to take action towards Hikvision.

So i'm hopefully in the process of getting somewhere now. I encouraged the importer to take first actions but hopefully they have combined their ''strength'' and did so together.

Also, important to know, i switched from Samsung (S9) to a Oneplus Nord a few months back. The issues are 1 on 1 related, so this is NOT a Samsung issue, it's a combination i believe of Android and Hikconnect.
I contacted Oneplus, also talked to Google regarding the Android side of things.... Everyone is shrugging, not having the faintest idea what is going on.

I will keep you posted.

Last edited:

WieHebHet

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys,

i finshed installing the system 8003... now tested android app, if i press the doorbell button at the 8003 , someone picks up with android, when i talk into the 8003 , i hear myself talking as an echo?? how is that possible?

i think its because, if i answer the call on android, its activates the speaker on android, so someone speaks, it comes to loudspeaker, and the mic of the android is picking it up again

anyone got this too?
If i understand correctly you are in the vincinty of your doorbell when this happens? Then yes, the mic of your phone picks up the noise frome outside.
Have you tested this away from home? Then it should work fine.
You could try to set the volume of the mic form the 8003 somewhat lower to avoid this.

Kind reagrds

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no, i did test with my android far away, i left it like 10 meter, door closed, so no way it could pick up my voice from outside
when i disable the volume on my android, or just attach a bluetooth headset, so there is no way that the android can pickup the sound from speaker/headset, then the issue is gone

so there is clearly an issue, all incoming calls on android, always activate the speaker instead of normal telephone mode
i need to find a setting to disable that

also annoying, where can i change that ringtone on android for the hikconnect app ?

Cantona-7

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, i've come across this forum whilst pulling my hair out trying to fix issues with my cctv. I'm not very technical so bare with me. Any help would be appreciated :)
Last year, I had 3 x hd dome cameras fitted that are linked up to hilook vision app on my Samsung S10and a dvr fitted.
I have tried to go through the firm that fitted them but they aren't interested and only message via facebook messenger on how to try and fix it!

Firstly, my cameras are intermittent, live view is fine. I get notifications from 1 constantly, intermittent on the 2nd and the 3rd I have never had any notifications from. All I get told to do from the company that fitted them, is reboot my dvr! This doesn't fix the problem.

Secondly, the notifications only come through when I open my phone, not when it's locked. I can see from above that their is an issue with samsung phones, is there a fix for this yet?

Can anyone offer any advise other than to try a different security company to have a look, I don't really want to spend more money with another company.

Thanks.

Cpjcutts

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is not much you can do. Its down to Hikvision to get some app developers that actually know what they are doing to resolve the issue. There are work arounds, but they are not ideal. As it stands the only option is change.to iphone. That said, I have been using the proconnect+ app and this does seem to work.

Something to check though, check within your NVR that the UPNP is working. Previously this did not work for me, I reset my router and now it is working. And since then the notfications have been working intermittently. But better than it was. UPNP is not ideal though from a security point of view, but it does seem to be a Hikvision requirement. Port forwarding did not work for me.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
in Q2 , HikConnect will be support notifications better, lets wait for it