Build an affordable P.A. system for my driveway?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
The court should have included a penalty had the Pattons dump all the collected cups over this dickheads yard, then required dickhead to pick them up one-by-one, count them, then pay for garbage removal and report the cup count to the court.

Reaction score
Great stuff, thanks for linking!

And how timely: I just went to the PD this morning to ask them WTF is up with my report and why hasn't anyone gone to visit this prick yet? They said "Well, they'll get to it, it's just 'low' priority' and we only have a few detectives for this sort of thing...but they'll reach out to you." Then a female cop at the window butted in and took over the conversation, and asked me if I'd called the "non-emergency" number yet (I said no), and she said "why" and I said because my investigator and lawyer told me to go straight to the cops. And she said "well they don't know how we work down here" and I said well allllllrightey then, I'll try your non-emergency number. Then she handed me the same slip of paper (to apply for an R.O.) that they handed me two months ago when I filed the original report, and she asked me if I'd "applied for a restraining order" through the court yet. And I said no, because the lawyer I'd talked to said the "preponderance of evidence" isn't there and a judge would never issue one based on just this nuisance and the videos. And to this she replied "Well he doesn't know, and they're giving out restraining orders for the tiniest of things now." So I called the court office this morning and they said "yeah, bring the papers tomorrow and we'll submit them to the judge." So, let's see.

Meanwhile, here's the latest evidence the prick provided from two days ago (Tuesday morning)...

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

And how timely: I just went to the PD this morning to ask them WTF is up with my report and why hasn't anyone gone to visit this prick yet? They said "Well, they'll get to it, it's just 'low' priority' and we only have a few detectives for this sort of thing...but they'll reach out to you." Then a female cop at the window butted in and took over the conversation, and asked me if I'd called the "non-emergency" number yet (I said no), and she said "why" and I said because my investigator and lawyer told me to go straight to the cops. And she said "well they don't know how we work down here" and I said well allllllrightey then, I'll try your non-emergency number. Then she handed me the same slip of paper (to apply for an R.O.) that they handed me two months ago when I filed the original report, and she asked me if I'd "applied for a restraining order" through the court yet. And I said no, because the lawyer I'd talked to said the "preponderance of evidence" isn't there and a judge would never issue one based on just this nuisance and the videos. And to this she replied "Well he doesn't know, and they're giving out restraining orders for the tiniest of things now." So I called the court office this morning and they said "yeah, bring the papers tomorrow and we'll submit them to the judge." So, let's see.

Meanwhile, here's the latest evidence the prick provided from two days ago (Tuesday morning)...
Yeah I thought of you when I saw that article!

Thanks for the update.

Reaction score
Also related: you'll recall I started this thread to ask about a PA so that I could scream at people. I went a different route, I just bought two of these bad-ass monster sirens and a 12V power supply Dual Tone Exterior Siren - ELK Products

Now, if the driveway alarms wake me up, and I go to the console and see someone f*cking with my sh*t, I can flip the switch and these things will wake up the whole neighborhood. Much better than screaming bad words at someone. I can't imagine any perps being able to concentrate with these raging sirens going in front of the house.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
WHOAAAAA!!! Now wait a minute gents till I tell you what my friends and I did. On an ornery night back
in '69 (?). a group of us in my "hot rod Galaxy" decided to do some "kid stuff".

Quietly, we scarfed up all the "A" frame flashing warning barricades signs we could get from an unused stretch
of private road. It also included some of those big 8 ft. long tall ones with all kind of blinkers on it. As we were
setting these road signs up in one of or girlfriend's front yard, a neighbor "busted" us.
I talked our way out of it while the guys went for more signs!

The yard was decorated and we gloated and giggled as we drove off in the Galaxy! We made the newspapers that next
morning! It seems that one of the girls dad, was a "big wig" with the City of Oklahoma City and they were in the
middle of intense labor negotiations with the maintenance and trash departments

We made the papers??!!! Yes there they were, criminals for sure. They even had names for us already,
"The Corral Gangsters" or "The Ok Gang" . No one finked us out. Even the majority of the school knew too!

Fast forward to the following Sunday morning. I was rudely awakened way to early by my Dad, "You have
some work to do, get yous ass out of bed. Get dressed!" As I stumbled have awake into the living room,
he handed me several trash sacks and said "Get busy".

I opened the front door of the house to be greeted by THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of Fina (a gas station brand)
yellow antenna bananas! The girls used 10,000 of those things in total split between 4 of us guys! I chased Styrofoam

bananas for hours with the saving grace of a 25 MPH S. wind!!!

Last edited:

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My google-fu is failing me today. PA systems are priced quite high online, I don't need a live concert system :rolleyes:, just a couple basic bullhorns and an amp/transmitter, or whatever the proper lingo is.

I want to be able to yell at assholes from inside the house while monitoring my console.

Any ideas? My search-fu here on IPCT is also sucking, can't pull up anything.

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also related: you'll recall I started this thread to ask about a PA so that I could scream at people. I went a different route, I just bought two of these bad-ass monster sirens and a 12V power supply Dual Tone Exterior Siren - ELK Products

Now, if the driveway alarms wake me up, and I go to the console and see someone f*cking with my sh*t, I can flip the switch and these things will wake up the whole neighborhood. Much better than screaming bad words at someone. I can't imagine any perps being able to concentrate with these raging sirens going in front of the house.
Here you go, Just add a 12 volt power supply and you will be ready to scare all the assholes!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Somehow I think that the 100 watt rating is a little overstated. I can believe 10 watts, but 100 watts at that price is pretty much impossible. They don't list the current draw but at 12 volts it takes about 10 amps to produce 100 watts. Of course if you use peak to peak and then convert that to "peak music power" it might get there, but it's a smoke and mirrors 100 watts.

Reaction score

For someone to go out of their way to do this, you just have to wonder, 'why'? I mean, wtf? Do they not have anything else better to do? I wish you the best and be safe.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Somehow I think that the 100 watt rating is a little overstated. I can believe 10 watts, but 100 watts at that price is pretty much impossible. They don't list the current draw but at 12 volts it takes about 10 amps to produce 100 watts. Of course if you use peak to peak and then convert that to "peak music power" it might get there, but it's a smoke and mirrors 100 watts.
It's a common misunderstanding to assume that audio watts produced is the same as power wattage used. However audio watts produced are not the same as power wattage consumed - there are transformers and other electrical circuits involved in the process. It doesn't take 10amps of 12v power to produce 100 audio watts. I use 1000 watt speakers all the time that are self-powered and are spec'd to use a max of 150watts of 120v power usage (or about 1.25 amps). If audio watts produced was the same as power watts used, it would use over 8amps of power - which I know from experience that it does not.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I still fail to see how more power out than is provided can be achieved. Unless, of course, you have perpetual motion machines involved. If a device can produce 100 watts of output, be it audio, RF or heat, it needs at least that much at the input plus more to account for efficiency factors. Simple physics. There is no magic with audio.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I still fail to see how more power out than is provided can be achieved. Unless, of course, you have perpetual motion machines involved. If a device can produce 100 watts of output, be it audio, RF or heat, it needs at least that much at the input plus more to account for efficiency factors. Simple physics. There is no magic with audio.
Well I don't know what to tell you, but just because you don't understand it doesn't make it wrong. I'll say it again.... audio watts and power watts are not the same.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Power is power, plain and simple. Redefining it as audio watts does not change physics. There is a lack of understanding of basic physics on your end from what I see. You can't get more power, true power IxE, from a device than it consumes. It is that simple. If I define an audio watt as 100 milliwatts of real power, IxE, I guess that makes your statement true but does not actually relate to real power levels.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
It is still Ohm's Law. But, 100 W dissipation as measured through the system
might produce audio weaker than a 50 W system. One might compare
Watts to dBm but not, Watts to dB.

Say one has a class A amp that is somewhere about %25 efficient while a class AB might be %45.
Or %75 heat to %55 ish for the latter class AB,

Unless someone gets dBm, one never knows watts up.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Many years ago I saw a discussion on this exact subject by audio engineers. All they talked were RMS watts, anything else is smoke and mirrors like me saying I'm a Unicorn.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It is still Ohm's Law. But, 100 W dissipation as measured through the system
might produce audio weaker than a 50 W system. One might compare
Watts to dBm but not, Watts to dB.

Say one has a class A amp that is somewhere about %25 efficient while a class AB might be %45.
Or %75 heat to %55 ish for the latter class AB,

Unless someone gets dBm, one never knows watts up.
You didn't read his post...Ohm's law doesn't apply to "audio" power..."Audio" power operates according to a different set of rules, governed by magic....

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Power is power, plain and simple. Redefining it as audio watts does not change physics. There is a lack of understanding of basic physics on your end from what I see. You can't get more power, true power IxE, from a device than it consumes. It is that simple. If I define an audio watt as 100 milliwatts of real power, IxE, I guess that makes your statement true but does not actually relate to real power levels.
Yeah, it's always a balancing act between what should be regulated vs. allowing charlatans to market the way they do. This is true of audio gear and, I'm sure you'll be surprised by this one....cameras...