Bricked Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I 12mm US

Reaction score
So I have the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I 12mm US Retail version. I updated the firmware to 5.3 but no go. It never came back up after the firmware upgrade. I have a chinese version that worked great. I managed to brick my camera and I have read through countless of threads and still I can't get the camera to come back.

Problem is that I can't even ping the camera at 192.0.0.64. I tried pinging it and I get nothing. I am on a mac, so I have downloaded the TFTP tool and running it on windows VM and still nothing. The TFTP just initializes, but can't see the camera. I disconnected the other camera and just made sure that my laptop and the camera were the only ones connected to the POE switch. The POE switch still connected to the router and I have disconnected the router.

I have done a hard reset, but still nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Speed666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
TFTP on VM on Mac? Kidding me? It wont work. You need clean Windows installation. PC set to 192.0.0.128 and then do it.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Problem is that I can't even ping the camera at 192.0.0.64. I tried pinging it and I get nothing.
In addition to the @Speed666 advice - please be aware that normally the camera will only use 192.0.0.64 for a second or 2 after power on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Thanks everybody! I borrowed my friend's laptop and it worked. I wish this was easier on a mac.

slamb

n3wb
Reaction score
TFTP on VM on Mac? Kidding me? It wont work. You need clean Windows installation. PC set to 192.0.0.128 and then do it.
No, I've done it. This works, provided you configure the VM to use "bridged" networking (rather than NAT). There's very little you can't do in a VM.

But you could also try my Python script, which should just work natively on the Mac. The instruction about setting up the IP address by running "sudo ifconfig eth0:0 192.0.0.128" is meant for Linux systems, but otherwise the script should work fine. (You could try something like "sudo ifconfig en0 alias 192.0.0.128 255.255.255.0" instead; the "en0" part will vary depending on the network interface and model you're using.)

Last edited by a moderator:

slamb

n3wb
Reaction score
I just tried my script on a Mac laptop, and seems to work. Only catch is that it's a bit slow over wifi. Packets get dropped occasionally, and my very simple TFTP server waits for the Hikvision device to re-acknowledge the last TFTP block rather than setting a short timer to resend if the most recent block isn't quickly acknowledged. It looks like the transfer stalls for about 5 seconds every time this happens.

Reaction score
Thanks. I've bookmarked your script. Lucky me, I have the last macbook pro design that apple made decent. I have it upgraded up the wazoo and it has an ethernet connection.