Bricked Amcrest

Catweazel

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently purchased an Amcrest turret camera (IP8M-T2499EW) from your site. I set the camera up initially, and connected it to my surveillance software. After disconnecting, the camera failed to reconnect. After some troubleshooting the admin account was locked out from the camera. Trying to do a factory reset, I discovered there was no reset button internally.

I contacted Amcrest directly, who, after further troubleshooting sent me an RMA number and on payment of $30, I was supposed to receive a return shipping label.

I paid the $30 and now Amcrest is no longer responding. It's been 8 days of silence after fairly regular conversation.

As the camera was purchased from you I wondered if you have any suggestions as to how to get this resolved?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I have sent an email to some of my contacts at Amcrest regarding this matter, hopefully they chime in here soon. They have always been responsive to me.

Catweazel

n3wb
Reaction score
I have sent an email to some of my contacts at Amcrest regarding this matter, hopefully they chime in here soon. They have always been responsive to me.
Hey Mike,

I received a lengthy response back (so thanks for that) but their response is a little worrisome:

We apologize for the delay.
After reviewing your order details, we have noticed that the seller Safe Cloud is not an authorized Amcrest retailer.

There are additional details, but rather than air this in public is the person there who sold this to me so we can figure it out?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

I received a lengthy response back (so thanks for that) but their response is a little worrisome:

After reviewing your order details, we have noticed that the seller Safe Cloud is not an authorized Amcrest retailer.

There are additional details, but rather than air this in public is the person there who sold this to me so we can figure it out?
This is obviously in error. I reached out again and directed them to this thread.

mromamcrest

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I recently purchased an Amcrest turret camera (IP8M-T2499EW) from your site. I set the camera up initially, and connected it to my surveillance software. After disconnecting, the camera failed to reconnect. After some troubleshooting the admin account was locked out from the camera. Trying to do a factory reset, I discovered there was no reset button internally.

I contacted Amcrest directly, who, after further troubleshooting sent me an RMA number and on payment of $30, I was supposed to receive a return shipping label.

I paid the $30 and now Amcrest is no longer responding. It's been 8 days of silence after fairly regular conversation.

As the camera was purchased from you I wondered if you have any suggestions as to how to get this resolved?

I apologize for the experience you had with our teams.

However, you may not need an RMA after all. Our R&D team has informed us that the reset has been moved. Please reach out to us at https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport and mention this thread in the comments section and I will be happy to provide the picture I have currently showing where this reset button is.

Thank you for your patience and I apologize for any inconvenience.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Probably not the case, but are you positive you bought it from this site's store and not accidentally from one of the ads on this forum? I get Reolink ads on my screen and we know this site isn't selling that stuff:p

1589931343268.png

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably not the case, but are you positive you bought it from this site's store and not accidentally from one of the ads on this forum? I get Reolink ads on my screen and we know this site isn't selling that stuff:p
I just blocked reolink from advertising here! Thanks for letting me know

mromamcrest

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I apologize for the confusion and any misunderstanding that has occurred. IpcamTalk is an authorized reseller of Amcrest Products. We will ensure everyone is properly communicated about this to prevent any further confusion from occurring.

Amcrest Team

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is where the reset button was:
If you find there is a new location for it, please post a picture.

Catweazel

n3wb
Reaction score
As an update to any interested people:

Firstly, as stated by a number of people, IPCT is an authorised Amcrest dealer and the help from @Mike to begin solving this problem was invaluable.
Secondly, my camera is now working again without the need to ship/return it. This is solely thanks to Mario from Amcrest who provided clear guidance on problem resolutions.
Finally - the reset button has most certainly moved from the picture shown in their help documentation and as linked above by @jack7 . I'll let @mromamcrest discuss this as needed if anyone is interested. To be fair, it is not in an ideal location but it is accessible to the dextrous, eagle eyed technician.

mromamcrest

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
As an update to any interested people:

Firstly, as stated by a number of people, IPCT is an authorised Amcrest dealer and the help from @Mike to begin solving this problem was invaluable.
Secondly, my camera is now working again without the need to ship/return it. This is solely thanks to Mario from Amcrest who provided clear guidance on problem resolutions.
Finally - the reset button has most certainly moved from the picture shown in their help documentation and as linked above by @jack7 . I'll let @mromamcrest discuss this as needed if anyone is interested. To be fair, it is not in an ideal location but it is accessible to the dextrous, eagle eyed technician.

Thank you for the kind words an greatly appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

As for the picture I provide @Catweazel , it can be quite difficult to see the button. After several attempts to get a camera with his updated location ended up having the older location, our R&D team is in the process to provide a picture that would make more clear of its location and update the article as well.

I can provide this picture to anyone who may need it by submitting a ticket at Amcrest support. Feel free to mention this thread or me and I can address your ticket personally as I did for Catweazel.

Amcrest Team

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words an greatly appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

As for the picture I provide @Catweazel , it can be quite difficult to see the button. After several attempts to get a camera with his updated location ended up having the older location, our R&D team is in the process to provide a picture that would make more clear of its location and update the article as well.

I can provide this picture to anyone who may need it by submitting a ticket at Amcrest support. Feel free to mention this thread or me and I can address your ticket personally as I did for Catweazel.

Amcrest Team
Just post the "top secret" picture here. There is no reason why someone should have to hassle with or wait for support.