BlueIris vs OpenSource pros & cons...?

myipcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bro...get a grip...if you've got issues with ISIS terrorists stalking you -- or the Mafia putting out a contract on your life -- you should fuQ the cameras...and move.
:) well said.

myipcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cheers! The machine died in less than 24 hours of just power ON and not doing anything! It became unresponsive and after turning it off with power button, it just would not turn back on. Tried all troubleshooting, disconnect power etc., nothing worked. Finally, this is going back.

It looks HP may NOT be the better brand here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You do understand that all brands have failures. Unless you have a large number of systems to draw some data, this failure is meaningless.
I must have close to 100 dell/hp business machines in service 20 of which run BI 24/7 never had an issue except a power supply on a dell and that was after 5 years or so of 24/7 service.
Another benefit of the business systems is they if something were to go wrong, they provide next business day service on site.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers! The machine died in less than 24 hours of just power ON and not doing anything! It became unresponsive and after turning it off with power button, it just would not turn back on. Tried all troubleshooting, disconnect power etc., nothing worked. Finally, this is going back.

HP's business machines are more reliable than their consumer models. Depending on what you buy and where you buy it, a refurb doesn't always have a real long warranty. If it's going to fail, doing so quickly is the best case scenario for you.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have learned the hard way over the years, that if you invest in a GOOD UPS to plug your system into, Surge protect your network line, you will greatly mitigate problems that could pop up.
And by good, I mean APC or even CyberPower PSW.
Not one that was special made for Walmart, Sams or Costco.
In a previous business, I had numerous Dell computers that ran 24/7/365 for over 7 years, without any failures......all properly surge protected, and running on their own APC 1500va UPS. Still running when I had to change them out due to a Point Of Sale software upgrade requirement.