Blue Iris v4.0.6.x change date format and other issues

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dear Experts

Using blue iris 4.0.6.x on desktop windows 7 desktop

I am facing couple of issues with blue iris :

1. Video for one camera out of three is color while other two are black and white ? please see snapshot attached
  2. How can I change date format to be day/month/year ? please see snapshot attached although PC and router and the switch all have format as day/month/year
  3. On each camera I am having two different times , I couldn't figure out how that happened

Thanks

Homer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, there appears to be a few things going on here:
1. The cameras can add a time/date stamp as well as BI. Try turning that off.
2. Did the cameras ever show colour ? Have you changed the firmware ?
3. Can you view the cameras with the manufacturers original software ? Colour ?

Tim

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Tim
1. The cameras can add a time/date stamp as well as BI. Try turning that off.
Thanks that is fixed but still date format couldn't figure out how to change it to day/month/year

2. Did the cameras ever show colour ? Have you changed the firmware ?
Tow camera were bricked while ago and by the help from this forum I was able to restore them

3. Can you view the cameras with the manufacturers original software ? Colour ?
Yes.Two of them showing black and white and third showing color

Homer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could the black and white cameras be stuck in night mode ?

Homer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can "Day/Night switch" be AUTO ?

Homer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi again,
1. Does it have the "Auto" setting ? What options does it have ?
2. I'm guessing that you are in the USA - is it light enough outside to go into colour mode ?

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi again

I am in Australia,,,time is 11:20 pm

Homer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So close !

If you set it to Day or Auto and turn on some outside lights or shine a torch light directly at the camera, will it now go into colour ?

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All good now

thanks for your help, issue with black and white fixed

One more question I have got couple of iphones all of them have the same setting to access the Blue Iris software remotely via app.

Some of them were successfully connected to the server while other failed

Homer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That last picture day.png is very dark. Do these cameras have IR LEDs ? I was wondering if the "smart supplement light" toggles that on and off.

As for iPhones, if they are the same model, then I would advise trawling through the settings to see if there are any differences.

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes they do have IR LEDs

I have taken snapshot for 3 cameras next to each other

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@zillah Your primary issue is one that you did not mention. Your cpu is pegged at 100 percent.
Go to the top of the forum and click on wiki...read optimizing blue iris. You MUST enable direct to disk recording and if your computer supports it hardware acceleration. Your cpu usage will drop dramatically
This will eliminate the time stamp issue as the blue iris timestamp will not be recorded using direct to disk, you will use the cameras own timestamp. Disable the blue iris timestamp.
Also update your blue iris, its free. You are using a version that is over 3 years old.
Also note that you can change the camera event color in the camera properties so that they appear independently on the timeline.

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Go to the top of the forum and click on wiki...read optimizing blue iris. You MUST enable direct to disk recording and if your computer supports it hardware acceleration. Your cpu usage will drop dramatically
Done CPU usage dropped dramatically ,,,,I guess my desktop is not perfect hardware match to blue iris recommendations as CPU is core 2 and RAM is 4

Disable the blue iris timestamp.
Thanks
Under Camera Properties --> Video --> unchecked " Enable Overlay"

Also update your blue iris, its free.
I bought mine 19.5.15 and unfortunate not free any more I bought another license

That last picture day.png is very dark. Do these cameras have IR LEDs
Now one issue remains

During night when "Day/Night switch" option set to " Day " and if a flood lamp triggered Live view would be in color and if it is not triggered live view would be dark can see nothing (checked camera its IR LED off)

But when "Day/Night switch" option set to " Auto " if a flood lamp triggered Live view would be in black and white not color and if it is not triggered live view would be black and white and camera has its IR LED on

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Done CPU usage dropped dramatically ,,,,I guess my desktop is not perfect hardware match to blue iris recommendations as CPU is core 2 and RAM is 4

Thanks
Under Camera Properties --> Video --> unchecked " Enable Overlay"

I bought mine 19.5.15 and unfortunate not free any more I bought another license

Now one issue remains

During night when "Day/Night switch" option set to " Day " and if a flood lamp triggered Live view would be in color and if it is not triggered live view would be dark can see nothing (checked camera its IR LED off)

But when "Day/Night switch" option set to " Auto " if a flood lamp triggered Live view would be in black and white not color and if it is not triggered live view would be black and white and camera has its IR LED on
What is your cpu? Core 2 is garbage.
It is free!! Go to the website and download the update!! Or click update in the software!!!!

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is free!! Go to the website and download the update!! Or click update in the software!!!!
I did click the update button from within the software and it said trial therefore I bought another license

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This was the email reply on 20 Oct 2016

Hello ,

For now you can still update the program, but support requests will not be as prioritized as support is expired.

Updates will be tied into the support plans soon.

Thank you,

Jennifer

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did click the update button from within the software and it said trial therefore I bought another license
Listen, if it said trial then you never had a license ... updates are free...you didn't buy another license, you bought A license .