Blue Iris UI3

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had issues with my SD4 not working properly when set to ONVIF. Try Dahua 5 or Dahua 4.
I tried all the Dahua’s. None worked . The toggle 3D positioning only uses “Dahua New 4” according to the message with the cursor over it. I’ll work on it some more tomorrow. Thank you for the thought!

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried all the Dahua’s. None worked . The toggle 3D positioning only uses “Dahua New 4” according to the message with the cursor over it. I’ll work on it some more tomorrow. Thank you for the thought!
After changing mine from ONVIF to one of the Dahua, I just looked and it's back to ONVIF. So apparently I have no idea.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Good evening,

I’m having an issue in UI3. The PTZ and triggers are grayed out and “not available for current camera”. I can use these functions in local DMSS and on the Blue Iris app. I really want UI3 to be my one and only tool for viewing. Here’s some screenshots of what I’ve got in the camera, BI and UI3. Thank you for any suggestions!
Do you only have one camera? That requires special logic which I never test, so it might be broken. Click on the video once and see if that makes the PTZ controls get enabled.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you only have one camera? That requires special logic which I never test, so it might be broken. Click on the video once and see if that makes the PTZ controls get enabled.
Yes I only have one camera. Yes, that absolutely worked when I clicked on the video, the controls are now active. Thank you!

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Lately my client PC running Brave and UI3 238 begins pegging my CPU for the tab that has UI3 open. It's quiet for the first minute or so, but if leaving any active UI3 tab open, the CPU fan starts to prepare for takeoff. SOunds like a hairdryer. It didn't used to do that. Maybe it's time to clean my CPU heat sinks, or did something change in how UI3 is utilizing CPU? I'm running with h264 (not java).

The bigger the screen of video, the angrier it gets. So if it's streaming in the background (with taskmanager covering it, for example), CPU drops to normal, but as soon as I shrink or minimize whatever window is covering the browser, it's liftoff time...

It also does it more for single cameras than for group/index views - and I do use D2W almost exclusively.

1683702786374.png1683702786374.png

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I currently have a bookmark on the home screen of my iPhone, but it shows me all of the feeds when I click on it. Is it possible to have a different bookmark for different groups? Say, I just wanted to check my front door. Or maybe I wanted to see just my Front Yard group.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I currently have a bookmark on the home screen of my iPhone, but it shows me all of the feeds when I click on it. Is it possible to have a different bookmark for different groups? Say, I just wanted to check my front door. Or maybe I wanted to see just my Front Yard group.
If you can use actual browser bookmarks, then yes, just save the bookmark while viewing the specific group or camera you want.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Lately my client PC running Brave and UI3 238 begins pegging my CPU for the tab that has UI3 open. It's quiet for the first minute or so, but if leaving any active UI3 tab open, the CPU fan starts to prepare for takeoff. SOunds like a hairdryer. It didn't used to do that. Maybe it's time to clean my CPU heat sinks, or did something change in how UI3 is utilizing CPU? I'm running with h264 (not java).

The bigger the screen of video, the angrier it gets. So if it's streaming in the background (with taskmanager covering it, for example), CPU drops to normal, but as soon as I shrink or minimize whatever window is covering the browser, it's liftoff time...

It also does it more for single cameras than for group/index views - and I do use D2W almost exclusively.

View attachment 162444View attachment 162444
I'm not sure. Try without D2W and see if it makes a difference. Also check Windows task manager and see if any other processes are using much CPU at the same time. I didn't recently change anything that I would expect to cause a performance hit.

If necessary there is a way to do "performance profiling". Browser dev tools (ctrl + shift + i) > Performance tab. You could check the Screenshots box and then click the record button 1683727295804.png. Then do the thing that makes the CPU usage change from low to high. Then stop the recording and use the "save profile" button 1683727278646.png to export the recording. This produces a rather large file (probably around 50 MB per 10 seconds) so compress it and then send it to me in a private message, and explain what you did during the performance capture. The file will contain some info you might not want public, such as the URL of your UI3 and frequent screenshots of UI3.

Last edited:

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 Enhancement request: As an option, is it possible to have the clip listing in Timeline tab?

That way, when I click on a clip thumbnail, I get group playback starting at the event timestamp. This is different from clip playback in Clip tab because I want group playback versus just single camera playback.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you're open to enhancement requests, I have one too :)

When I'm looking at a group view (especially all cameras), I cannot select the bottom two rows of cameras since the toolbar pops up. Oddly, sometimes, when the tools are hidden and I tap one of those cameras, it punches through and the camera will come up. But 90% of the time, it only makes the tools come up (and by tools I mean the timestamp, volume control, quality settings, full screen icon, etc.).

Currently, to select any of those cameras on the bottom rows consistently, I have to pinch zoom in and scroll down so that the desired camera is above the toolbar.

Hope this makes sense...

And lastly, as a separate repeat request, I know you're not a fan of advancing from one camera to the next by swiping left or right while on a single camera, but having a user-selectable option for those of us that are used to that navigation (from the BI app) would be awesome.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008 Enhancement request: As an option, is it possible to have the clip listing in Timeline tab?

That way, when I click on a clip thumbnail, I get group playback starting at the event timestamp. This is different from clip playback in Clip tab because I want group playback versus just single camera playback.
Sorry, no. It is very difficult for me to add a clip list to the timeline tab and have it behave in a way people would find useful. One of the considerations is that a clip list and timeline together would take up an enormous amount of space on a small display, and I don't think the value is there to justify it.

One of my future plans is to improve behavior when switching back and forth between the Clips and Timeline tabs so that you better retain the context of what time range you were looking at, but even that has certain challenges and people might find it very awkward to use.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you're open to enhancement requests, I have one too :)

When I'm looking at a group view (especially all cameras), I cannot select the bottom two rows of cameras since the toolbar pops up. Oddly, sometimes, when the tools are hidden and I tap one of those cameras, it punches through and the camera will come up. But 90% of the time, it only makes the tools come up (and by tools I mean the timestamp, volume control, quality settings, full screen icon, etc.).

Currently, to select any of those cameras on the bottom rows consistently, I have to pinch zoom in and scroll down so that the desired camera is above the toolbar.

Hope this makes sense...

And lastly, as a separate repeat request, I know you're not a fan of advancing from one camera to the next by swiping left or right while on a single camera, but having a user-selectable option for those of us that are used to that navigation (from the BI app) would be awesome.
Ugh, I bet this is only a problem on small screens :) I am sure I could solve the issue by reserving some space for the playback controls (not allowing the video player to overlap it) but that would go against the core structure of the user interface, where the playback controls are a child of the video player. Since that change is not actually wanted by most users, it would have to be optional, and it is simply too complex of a change to make it optional.

I suggest you right click the group video and choose Group Settings and use this to lock in a particular resolution that works well at the browser window size you like to operate at. This can help prevent the cameras from overlapping the playback controls. You could also go to UI Settings and enable the "Playback Controls: Always Visible" setting in order to make the behavior more predictable, if you like.

Left and right swipes are something I could technically do, however they would only work if you were fully zoomed out because otherwise the input would be interpreted as panning the view.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Any idea why this happens? Happens about once/twice a week. This is not new, probably been for about a year. Just thought of asking today. Using Chrome.

View attachment 163103

View attachment 163104
I only just added the code for "A script resource failed to load" in UI3 version 231 (March 26), so I think it is unlikely you have been getting those for about a year ;)

It is very curious that you are showing HTTP status 200 in the error message, since "200" is the status code for "OK". This means Blue Iris is likely not sending the correct file in the response. So at this point I assume it is a bug in BI 5.7.3.0 and I would be very interested to hear if it continues to happen in later versions.

Reaction score
I can't say that the exact error message is the same, but the white browser and the 'loading...busy' messages have been happening for quite some time. It just never bothered me enough to complain. But I figured I would ask today.

I will keep an eye out and when I upgrade to a later version, if it happens again, I will post it. Thanks.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Left and right swipes are something I could technically do, however they would only work if you were fully zoomed out because otherwise the input would be interpreted as panning the view.
That would be just like the BI app. It, too, won't let you swipe left/right to get to next camera/group unless fully zoomed out. I'd take that as an option if you're willing to make it available.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ugh, I bet this is only a problem on small screens :) I am sure I could solve the issue by reserving some space for the playback controls (not allowing the video player to overlap it) but that would go against the core structure of the user interface, where the playback controls are a child of the video player. Since that change is not actually wanted by most users, it would have to be optional, and it is simply too complex of a change to make it optional.
Yes, that does seem like a bit of a conundrum. Short of being able to force a static arrangement of cameras in a group, whereby the last row of cameras is above the toolbar controls, I can't see of a one-size fits all solution. I thought maybe a different gesture could bring up the hidden toolbar (maybe two fingers, or a diagonal swipe) but a single, quick tap (<100ms) on a camera in the suspect area would only bring it up but not trigger the toolbar to unhide...

Buxton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello. I went back a few months of forum posts to see if there were any mentions of the below error, but did not see anything posted. I'm using the latest BI version 5.7.6.7. The error has been occurring for at least the past 5 versions of BI. It occurs when I try to delete clips. I can resolve the error by clicking on my BI bookmark on my chrome browser, --- which refreshes the browser screen and pulls up the UI as intended. 1684380905442.png

1684380905442.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello. I went back a few months of forum posts to see if there were any mentions of the below error, but did not see anything posted. I'm using the latest BI version 5.7.6.7. The error has been occurring for at least the past 5 versions of BI. It occurs when I try to delete clips. I can resolve the error by clicking on my BI bookmark on my chrome browser, --- which refreshes the browser screen and pulls up the UI as intended. View attachment 163394

View attachment 163394
Those are two different errors, and neither of them should happen as a result of deleting a clip, but could potentially occur during UI loading if things happened to load outside of the intended order. Can you provide any more information?

Buxton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The error doesn't occur during the actual clip deletion, but just after the deletions while refreshing the browser. It usually takes three refreshes to clear the error.

I use two different streaming profiles: one for low resolution wireless tablet monitors, and another for wired PC playback. The wireless streaming is stock streaming type 0, and the the reconfigured streaming type for PCs is as follows:

1684454720901.png

However, the UI error shows up under both streaming profiles on multiple machines. The streaming profile is the only thing I can think of that is not standard...