Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The error doesn't occur during the actual clip deletion, but just after the deletions while refreshing the browser. It usually takes three refreshes to clear the error.

I use two different streaming profiles: one for low resolution wireless tablet monitors, and another for wired PC playback. The wireless streaming is stock streaming type 0, and the the reconfigured streaming type for PCs is as follows:

View attachment 163469

However, the UI error shows up under both streaming profiles on multiple machines. The streaming profile is the only thing I can think of that is not standard...
I agree the configuration of streaming profiles shouldn't matter here.

Could you open the developer console after these errors have happened (ctrl + shift + i) and on the Console tab, copy or screenshot the error messages? They might include something called a stack trace which will tell me more line numbers of code that led up to the error and that would help me understand why it is happening.

cybernetics1d

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bp2008, just wanted to say thanks very much on your amazing works on UI3 interface.

Currently, I'm using Pushover for notification in combination with UI3 for remote live viewing. A have a question relating to the UI3 interface. Whenever we highlight a recent alerted clip, it seems to display a 5 seconds animated GIF of some sort. Is this generated on a fly or is there a "predefined path" to this that we use for Pushover? Reason I ask is I was wondering if this generates a GIF of some sort behind the scene and if so, would we be able to send that as attachment to Pushover?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008, just wanted to say thanks very much on your amazing works on UI3 interface.

Currently, I'm using Pushover for notification in combination with UI3 for remote live viewing. A have a question relating to the UI3 interface. Whenever we highlight a recent alerted clip, it seems to display a 5 seconds animated GIF of some sort. Is this generated on a fly or is there a "predefined path" to this that we use for Pushover? Reason I ask is I was wondering if this generates a GIF of some sort behind the scene and if so, would we be able to send that as attachment to Pushover?
Unfortunately the little animated preview is very much a scripted creation of UI3 and would be impossible for you to attach to a notification.

cybernetics1d

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought it generates some gif file on fly or something so it was worth a shot asking. Thanks for the quick response.

Buxton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I agree the configuration of streaming profiles shouldn't matter here.

Could you open the developer console after these errors have happened (ctrl + shift + i) and on the Console tab, copy or screenshot the error messages? They might include something called a stack trace which will tell me more line numbers of code that led up to the error and that would help me understand why it is happening.

1684537627448.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the verbose version:

View attachment 163550
Thanks. The message Clip List db view not found: "new". Falling back to "all" is the key to all of this. If I choose the "new" folder in the clips tab and refresh the page then I get the same thing as you. At the early moment when UI3 is initializing the dropdown list of clip list database views, it doesn't have the list of valid folder names from Blue Iris yet so it is wrongly assuming that the "new" folder doesn't exist, and changing to the "all" view instead. But at this early moment, it is unable to load a clip list at all because the clip list loading module hasn't been created yet. All hell breaks loose from there ;)

I believe I have a suitable fix in place for UI3-242 which I will release shortly.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ugh, I bet this is only a problem on small screens :) I am sure I could solve the issue by reserving some space for the playback controls (not allowing the video player to overlap it) but that would go against the core structure of the user interface, where the playback controls are a child of the video player. Since that change is not actually wanted by most users, it would have to be optional, and it is simply too complex of a change to make it optional.

I suggest you right click the group video and choose Group Settings and use this to lock in a particular resolution that works well at the browser window size you like to operate at. This can help prevent the cameras from overlapping the playback controls. You could also go to UI Settings and enable the "Playback Controls: Always Visible" setting in order to make the behavior more predictable, if you like.

Left and right swipes are something I could technically do, however they would only work if you were fully zoomed out because otherwise the input would be interpreted as panning the view.

Many months ago, I (and others) was experiencing green video for some reason. At the time, the workaround was to disable hardware acceleration - which I did. That is apparently a global setting on brave (that gets applied to all profiles). So switching profiles, using private tabs, etc, didn't diminish the jerky playback or high CPU. I checked under :/flags and everything was set to default, so I ASSUMED it was on again. However, after checking under settings>system>use hardware acceleration, I found it turned off.

1684721947631.png

As soon as I turned it on, everything went back to the way it used to be. So, as is usually the case, it was self-inflicted.

Ballistyx

n3wb
Reaction score
In Camera Properties, there is the option for a Hard Reboot of the camera - would there be any way to schedule this i.e. command line etc?

Currently cheaper to reboot one of the cameras before sunset every day (it loses connection whenever the IR lights are on, unless I reboot prior) than replace it! Also, it might be handy to have a reboot command outside of BI one day...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In Camera Properties, there is the option for a Hard Reboot of the camera - would there be any way to schedule this i.e. command line etc?

Currently cheaper to reboot one of the cameras before sunset every day (it loses connection whenever the IR lights are on, unless I reboot prior) than replace it! Also, it might be handy to have a reboot command outside of BI one day...
Most of the better cameras allow you to set that up within the camera.

But yeah if you know the API you could set up a command line to do it within BI as well.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

Not via UI3, but probably you can do it with Blue Iris. Go to camera properties > Schedule tab, and click Events schedule at the bottom. "Reboot" is probably the option you need.

tmushy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I made a little windows batch file to auto update UI3 from github daily. If anyone was interested.
Must have git for windows installed. Git for Windows
This script assumes you have blue iris installed in C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\ . Change it if needed
Here are the commands that go in the batch file.

I used windows task scheduler and have it run daily. Make sure you check "run at highest elevation"

If you dont know how to make batch files, Here is a little package I made already done for you.

If someone has any input if there is an even easier way to do this, please chime in!

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I made a little windows batch file to auto update UI3 from github daily. If anyone was interested.
Must have git for windows installed. Git for Windows
This script assumes you have blue iris installed in C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\ . Change it if needed
Here are the commands that go in the batch file.

I used windows task scheduler and have it run daily. Make sure you check "run at highest elevation"

If you dont know how to make batch files, Here is a little package I made already done for you.

If someone has any input if there is an even easier way to do this, please chime in!
The way you've implemented that, you will get the full development directory (which is functionally identical; it just includes several files you don't need such as javascript library sources and .gitignore).

I would strongly recommend extracting UI3 to a subdirectory instead. e.g. ROBOCOPY "ui3" "C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\www\ui3-master" /mir

You will occasionally get versions of UI3 that are not official releases but by all outward appearances appear to be official releases because they contain the version number of the most recent release. This will complicate any troubleshooting based on version numbers or code line numbers, as your copy of UI3 will not meet expectations. Please be sure to mention that you might not be running an official release if you ever ask for support :)

MarkusAgustus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

I have two issues with UI3 that I cannot resolve. I'm using an Android phone. I have been using UI3 for a year and it has worked great, for the most part. These two issues have only recently appeared. The issues are consistent using different browsers, Edge, Firefox, Google, etc.

Issue 1
When I select a live camera and go full screen, then do a pinch zoom, the screen goes black until I pinch it back down to the original size. This happens sometimes, not always. It happens on all cameras. It appears to me to be random.

Issue 2
When I select an alert, then do a pinch zoom, if the screen does not go black I get a zoom of a different camera. Again, it appears to be random.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues? Is there some setting that I do not have set correctly?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have two issues with UI3 that I cannot resolve. I'm using an Android phone. I have been using UI3 for a year and it has worked great, for the most part. These two issues have only recently appeared. The issues are consistent using different browsers, Edge, Firefox, Google, etc.

Issue 1
When I select a live camera and go full screen, then do a pinch zoom, the screen goes black until I pinch it back down to the original size. This happens sometimes, not always. It happens on all cameras. It appears to me to be random.

Issue 2
When I select an alert, then do a pinch zoom, if the screen does not go black I get a zoom of a different camera. Again, it appears to be random.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues? Is there some setting that I do not have set correctly?
UI3-228 (Jan 27, 2023) changed how zooming is done for the HTML5 video player to solve another issue where the player would crash when zoomed in very far.
UI3-229 (Feb 6, 2023) fixed a bug related to that.

What version of UI3 are you running? (see UI3 main menu > About)

Also what phone is it and what version of Android does your phone have?

MarkusAgustus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
UI3-228 (Jan 27, 2023) changed how zooming is done for the HTML5 video player to solve another issue where the player would crash when zoomed in very far.
UI3-229 (Feb 6, 2023) fixed a bug related to that.

What version of UI3 are you running? (see UI3 main menu > About)

Also what phone is it and what version of Android does your phone have?
I'm using UI3 version 241, and Blue Iris version 5.7.6.8.