Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok @actran, that "function Get" line is very suspicious. Did you set your instance id to "function Get" in the UI settings? Do you have a ui3_local_overrides.js file? What web browser are you using?

This part highlighted in yellow is your instance ID (unless the localStorage API is totally borked, which is likely what is going on).

1669867701477.png

The "Fqap5..." string is just a window ID so that each UI3 window has a unique place to report its online status.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 I'm using Brave browser v1.45.133, UI3 v226

I agree, not sure how "function Get" got there in MQTT. I assumed that is default behavior.

I followed your UI3 help:
Looking at UI3 settings again, I can see "function Get" for Instance ID. I didn't specify that explicitly. Let me change that.

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 8.29.08 PM.png

Update: MQTT publish is working now, I am able to change UI3 cam/group remotely as intended.
Thank you Brian.

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 8.42.02 PM.png

P.S. Yes, I do have ui3-local-override.js

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 Observation:

When initially setting up UI3 MQTT, the URL without slash at the end results in a hard error message. Example: ws://192.168.11.213:1884

I was scratching my head for awhile since IP address and port was correct and URL syntax looks correct.

Then I added slash and it worked. Example: ws://192.168.11.213:1884/

Suggestion: You may want to update to include a troubleshooting tip for the above possible situation.

Last edited:

ncpilot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
"unable to display log file" "unable to connect to BI" was popping up a lot for me, sometimes a reboot of my tablet (primary viewing device) helped.

I went into the BI console and saw that the log file was quite large, when I cleared it, I could then see the log file on my tablet from UI3.

Is this a known issue? Log file too large to display?

Also disk usage stats sometimes are all crazy, clearing cache or rebooting on tablet usually fixes that issue...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Not known to me.

"unable to display log file"
I can find no sign of an error message like that in the UI3 source code.

Also disk usage stats sometimes are all crazy, clearing cache or rebooting on tablet usually fixes that issue...
No idea what that means. The disk usage stats are impossible to load from a cache, so it is likely not relevant that you cleared the (browser?) cache or rebooted.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"unable to display log file" "unable to connect to BI" was popping up a lot for me, sometimes a reboot of my tablet (primary viewing device) helped.

I went into the BI console and saw that the log file was quite large, when I cleared it, I could then see the log file on my tablet from UI3.

Next time that UI3 shows what you think are the wrong disc stats, go directly to the Bi machine and look at what BI is reporting in the status window to see if they match.

ncpilot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry, can't remember exact error... "unable to contact server" or something like that, otherwise, no problems viewing cams and event recordings (I can also view full camera list, could I do that if "unable to contact server"?). I rebooted the server, and tablet still wouldn't show log file, cleared log file thru BI console, and then the tablet showed the log file (using Chrome).

I get the disk status stuff, I know it's wrong on my tablet, it never shows over allocation on the console... but quite frequently shows over allocated on my tablet...

Maybe just a quirk of android?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, can't remember exact error... "unable to contact server" or something like that, otherwise, no problems viewing cams and event recordings (I can also view full camera list, could I do that if "unable to contact server"?). I rebooted the server, and tablet still wouldn't show log file, cleared log file thru BI console, and then the tablet showed the log file (using Chrome).

I get the disk status stuff, I know it's wrong on my tablet, it never shows over allocation on the console... but quite frequently shows over allocated on my tablet...

Maybe just a quirk of android?
Details matter, our crystal ball is on the fritz.
As long as the BI console does not show a problem, I ignore it.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm on latest B.I. 5.6.6.0, and UI3 is acting a little odd on mobile devices recently: I just noticed today that timeline view always wants to jump to the nearest alert after scrolling the timeline. It will not allow me to continue playback from any arbitrary position on the timeline. This happens on Brave (Android) browser if that makes any difference, but I don't remember it behaving this way in the recent past. Works fine on Firefox on a desktop, BTW.
Can anyone else confirm this issue on mobile browsers?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm on latest B.I. 5.6.6.0, and UI3 is acting a little odd on mobile devices recently: I just noticed today that timeline view always wants to jump to the nearest alert after scrolling the timeline. It will not allow me to continue playback from any arbitrary position on the timeline. This happens on Brave (Android) browser if that makes any difference, but I don't remember it behaving this way in the recent past. Works fine on Firefox on a desktop, BTW.
1671044030222.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You likely enabled "Skip dead-air during playback".

This setting exists both in Blue Iris Settings > Other tab, and in UI3's UI Settings > Timeline section. UI3 lets you override whatever was set in Blue Iris. You can also set this in UI3 via context menu (right-click or long press on touchscreen) on the timeline, or by clicking the little settings gear during timeline playback.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You likely enabled "Skip dead-air during playback".

This setting exists both in Blue Iris Settings > Other tab, and in UI3's UI Settings > Timeline section. UI3 lets you override whatever was set in Blue Iris. You can also set this in UI3 via context menu (right-click or long press on touchscreen) on the timeline, or by clicking the little settings gear during timeline playback.
Ok, my bad, the "skip dead-air" was inadvertently turned on in UI3 settings. Head hung in shame for the dumb question, but thanks for the quick reply.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have another observation. Running 226 on 5.6.5.9. All the tablets are using D2W and have buttery smooth live stream. However after about 12 hours, I start to get the orange clock indicating excessive delay in the browser. Looking at the stats for nerds, I'm seeing 22,000ms delays.

Is there a way to have the UI3 interface reload a given view when it detects the buildup of delayed playback? IOW, if the browser is able to detect the delay (i.e. clock shows up), then have it reload when delay gets to XXXms...

Interestingly ALL of the tablets have almost the same level of delay, so whatever is causing it, it's uniform.

1671155823486.png

ETA: Just to clarify, I'm using the h.264 profile which has been performing flawlessly in every other regard. I prefer it over the javascript.

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have another observation. Running 226 on 5.6.5.9. All the tablets are using D2W and have buttery smooth live stream. However after about 12 hours, I start to get the orange clock indicating excessive delay in the browser. Looking at the stats for nerds, I'm seeing 22,000ms delays.

Is there a way to have the UI3 interface reload a given view when it detects the buildup of delayed playback? IOW, if the browser is able to detect the delay (i.e. clock shows up), then have it reload when delay gets to XXXms...
Yes you can do this using the below in your overrides file: ui3-local-overrides.js

Source: Local Overrides Sample: Network Delay Triggers Video Restart · bp2008/ui3 Wiki

Code:
/ UI3 Local Overrides Sample - Network Delay Triggers Video Restart
var maximumNetworkDelay = 3000; / milliseconds
setInterval(function ()
{
    var h264_player = videoPlayer.GetPlayerObject();
    if (h264_player)
    {
        if (h264_player.GetNetworkDelay() > maximumNetworkDelay)
        {
            console.log("Refreshing video stream because of high network delay");
            videoPlayer.RefreshVideoStream();
        }
    }
}, 1000);

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, I've also noticed the delay grows on a raspberry pi 4 that I have continuously streaming a "d2w" stream. I haven't been able to figure out the cause of the delay yet. So that local overrides script is currently the best solution.

Just be sure to fix the two comment lines near the top if you copy the code out of the forum. The two comments should each have two of the / characters but the forum software here deletes one of them for some reason.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yup, I've also noticed the delay grows on a raspberry pi 4 that I have continuously streaming a "d2w" stream. I haven't been able to figure out the cause of the delay yet. So that local overrides script is currently the best solution.

Just be sure to fix the two comment lines near the top if you copy the code out of the forum. The two comments should each have two of the / characters but the forum software here deletes one of them for some reason.
I will gladly play with the code, but am wondering if adding the option to auto reset up on max delay of xyz seconds in the settings wouldn't be a simply option for us non-coding users. Since it's device specific, I will have to add that to each of the tablets, and since they are all isolated from the cloud, c/p the code to each is a bit of a challenge.

After some more thought, the overrides is on the server, correct? So that automatically propagates to each client? I'm definitely overthinking this.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok, I copied the UI3.js and .css files, renamed them to the ui3-local-overrides file name, emptied them, and copied the full delay code (including the double forward slant for the comment line). Do I need to do anything special to activate that? Or is simply refreshing the page on each client enough?