n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
It doesn't work on my computer with 5.6.2.3 and 5.6.2.4
Skärmbild 2022-10-05 093551.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the issue here was that some people were logging into UI3 with user accounts that were limited to a specific set of camera groups, but no groups were actually selected?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the issue here was that some people were logging into UI3 with user accounts that were limited to a specific set of camera groups, but no groups were actually selected?
Yup. Everything worked fine before 5.6.2.2 with no changes. Once x.x.2.3 hit, console cameras disappeared. I don't remember ever limiting my own user to a group, but I must have because it was checked. It's not a UI3 issue as far as I'm aware. It was a console issue with users/camera groups.

Goliath

n3wb
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "bp2008, post: 705870, medlem: 28"]
Rätta mig om jag har fel men jag tror att problemet här var att vissa människor loggade in på UI3 med användarkonton som var begränsade till en specifik uppsättning kameragrupper, men inga grupper valdes faktiskt?
[/CITAT]
Jag har använt samma inloggning sedan 2017 utan problem, men nu hittar UI3 inte kameralistan så jag kan inte komma in med inloggningen!

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "bp2008, post: 705870, medlem: 28"]
Rätta mig om jag har fel men jag tror att problemet här var att vissa människor loggade in på UI3 med användarkonton som var begränsade till en specifik uppsättning kameragrupper, men inga grupper valdes faktiskt?
[/CITAT]
Jag har använt samma inloggning sedan 2017 utan problem, men nu hittar UI3 inte kameralistan så jag kan inte komma in med inloggningen!
Swedish => Titta i Blue Iris-konsolen under Inställningar=Användare för att se om användaren du loggar in med nu har rutan markerad för en specifik grupp.

English => Look in the Blue Iris console under Settings=>Users to see if the user you are logging in with now has the box checked for a specific group.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a way to see the Start/End times when the slider is at the edge of the timeline during Convert/Export?

1664995241337.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to see the Start/End times when the slider is at the edge of the timeline during Convert/Export?
Oops, that is a flaw. I'll put it on my issue tracker.

If you click one of the handles, the video frame for that position will load in the video player so you can read its timestamp in the video area.

Goliath

n3wb
Reaction score
Swedish => Titta i Blue Iris-konsolen under Inställningar=Användare för att se om användaren du loggar in med nu har rutan markerad för en specifik grupp.

English => Look in the Blue Iris console under Settings=>Users to see if the user you are logging in with now has the box checked for a specific group.
Limit to camera groups was checked, removed it then it works :)
Thanks for the help!

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Would reverse playback be possible in timeline view, even of multiple cameras. Would this be ridiculously CPU-intensive? What if i only displayed I-frames?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Would reverse playback be possible in timeline view, even of multiple cameras. Would this be ridiculously CPU-intensive? What if i only displayed I-frames?
This is already possible. It is less performant than normal playback of course because video files are inefficient to play in reverse, but in my experience it still works quite well. You won't see the reverse playback option or other playback-related things while viewing live video, but the option will appear if you scroll to any point in history.

1665086863854.png

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is already possible. It is less performant than normal playback of course because video files are inefficient to play in reverse, but in my experience it still works quite well. You won't see the reverse playback option or other playback-related things while viewing live video, but the option will appear if you scroll to any point in history.

View attachment 141771
Ah, I knew I'd seen it somewhere in the past, but I could never find it again. Until now. Thanks!

I'm going to use this all the time, now that I know where it is.

One modest suggestion--add an explicit button for reverse, perhaps something like this:

1665087784101.png

This would make the feature a lot more discoverable.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One modest suggestion--add an explicit button for reverse, perhaps something like this:

View attachment 141776
@TheWaterbug I agree a visual button for reverse playback would be nice.

In the meantime, just in case you did not know, try some relevant hotkeys (aka keyboard shortcuts).

I find that hotkeys is alot faster than clicking some visual icons/buttons during playback.

The hotkey for toggling reverse playback is the backspace (tested to work in a recent UI3 release)

hotkeys.png

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Strange, UI3 not working today???

As part of my daily routine, I log onto UI3 and take a look at anything that transpired overnight, especially after midnight. I have done this daily for the past 18 months. Going to check my BI PC console which is in my shop to see what has changed.

ETA

Not a BI issue, had a strange PC crash apparently, nothing recorded last night after 10:30 P.M. PC was on but no Windows 10 display at all. Had to hard boot and it came back on and I relaunched BI.

Very odd, no power failure, hand built PC has been on 24/7 for 2 years with not one hiccup.

I do not have BI running as a service so that would have been a good test :facepalm:

Last edited: