Blue Iris UI3

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Actually... So I went under global settings and unticked the "direct to wire" for both stream 0 and 1. I also went into the record setting of a given camera (w/o the overlay in live) and set the recording 0 and 1 to also avoid direct to wire. I'm still not getting the overlay. Is there somewhere else that I'm missing?

ETA: NM, I found it. Leaving it here so others as challenged as I am know what to do. I edited the encoder profile in UI3 to go from "inheret" to "yes". I just put it back and i"M all squared away. TY again.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... So I went under global settings and unticked the "direct to wire" for both stream 0 and 1. I also went into the record setting of a given camera (w/o the overlay in live) and set the recording 0 and 1 to also avoid direct to wire. I'm still not getting the overlay. Is there somewhere else that I'm missing?

ETA: NM, I found it. Leaving it here so others as challenged as I am know what to do. I edited the encoder profile in UI3 to go from "inheret" to "yes". I just put it back and i"M all squared away. TY again.
:)

The recording profiles in camera settings only have an effect if you aren't using direct-to-disc recording.

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i habe on my android all time session problems .. i must login 3-4 every time ...

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 Love the timeline playback. It's a great feature in ui3.

Any chance you plan to implement reverse playback for this tab?

I'm currently on UI3 version 221, Blue Iris version: 5.6.0.7

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@actran

Reverse playback is already available, but to access it you need to be playing some recorded video using the timeline, and then click the gear icon where you would normally change the streaming quality.
@bp2008 Oh, yes I see it there. I assumed it was not available because the keyboard shortcut did not work, at least not on my Macbook. (BTW, keyboard shortcut for reverse playback does work during clip playback)

Follow-up question: any chance to get keyboard shortcut to work for this scenario or is there a blocker in this situation?

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 In parallel, different request: In upper right corner, any chance to add "Confirmed" and "Cancelled" as 2 additional options? Perhaps toggled via UI settings?

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008 Oh, yes I see it there. I assumed it was not available because the keyboard shortcut did not work, at least not on my Macbook. (BTW, keyboard shortcut for reverse playback does work during clip playback)

Follow-up question: any chance to get keyboard shortcut to work for this scenario or is there a blocker in this situation?
The hotkey not working was an oversight on my part. Early in the development I wasn't sure if BI would support reverse playback on the timeline, so I had coded the hotkey to take no action in that case. Forgot to change it. Will be fixed in the UI3-222 release.

@bp2008 In parallel, different request: In upper right corner, any chance to add "Confirmed" and "Cancelled" as 2 additional options? Perhaps toggled via UI settings?
That will be available in UI3-222 also.

1661967949333.png

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 Very nice!

BTW, in your screenshot below, the word "canceled" has 1 L, versus 2 LL's in left-side panel drop down.

The hotkey not working was an oversight on my part. Early in the development I wasn't sure if BI would support reverse playback on the timeline, so I had coded the hotkey to take no action in that case. Forgot to change it. Will be fixed in the UI3-222 release.

That will be available in UI3-222 also.

View attachment 138524

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 No rush. Another observation: during timeline playback, I can't seem to get audio to work. It's always muted as highlighted in this screenshot.

Even when I am only doing timeline playback for 1 camera, and not a group.

If I do playback via clips tab, audio works as expected.

Is this a known limitation with timeline? If so, is there plans to get audio to work?muted audio during timeline playback.png

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 For Auto-Maximize feature, any thought about having an alternative behavior where you still display all the non-triggered cameras but at much smaller size? This way allows the user to select to a non-triggered camera if the action on the triggered camera has moved off that camera

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008 For Auto-Maximize feature, any thought about having an alternative behavior where you still display all the non-triggered cameras but at much smaller size? This way allows the user to select to a non-triggered camera if the action on the triggered camera has moved off that camera
I can offer some thoughts.

First, Blue Iris doesn't offer any way for UI3 to change the size of the cameras in the group stream (and even if they did, I think wouldn't use it due to the complexity).

Second, resizing a camera would also move and resize the other cameras which would make it very disorienting. I don't think this would be a nice feature to use.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm still getting horrible playback on my PC and phone unless I move the resolution down to something less than 720p. Looking at the stats for nerds, do that reveal any clues? I get the same playback on the BI mobile app on my higher-end android phone as well - so I'm not sure whether it's server or client (or both). The CPU on the client and server never get saturated and I'm able to speed test to my full GB up/down speed from my ISP while doing these tests, so I seem to have plenty of LAN bandwidth.
View attachment 2022-09-03_7-33-32.mp4

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still getting horrible playback on my PC and phone unless I move the resolution down to something less than 720p. Looking at the stats for nerds, do that reveal any clues? I get the same playback on the BI mobile app on my higher-end android phone as well - so I'm not sure whether it's server or client (or both). The CPU on the client and server never get saturated and I'm able to speed test to my full GB up/down speed from my ISP while doing these tests, so I seem to have plenty of LAN bandwidth.
What are the problems specifically? The low frame rate?

What file type are your clips? In my experience, Blue Iris is really bad at MP4 playback so you should always use BVR.

What CPU are you running on the server?

Which H.264 player are you using in UI3? If it is the JavaScript player, then it can be a limiting factor on slow devices.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
What are the problems specifically? The low frame rate?
Slow and bursty. The overlay shows the recorded frame rate 15FPS (and it does record at that rate since exports are smooth). The FPS on UI3 shows it drops down as low as 2, but typically stays at about half the recorded frame rate.

What file type are your clips? In my experience, Blue Iris is really bad at MP4 playback so you should always use BVR.
Everything is BVR direct-to-disc:

1662228343065.png

What CPU are you running on the server?
It's an i7-6xxx Dell Optiplex 7040 with 48GB of ram, 1TB epci SSD for OS and 14TB spinny drive for clips. Drives are not getting much write demand - they're certainly not saturated...

1662228446608.png

Which H.264 player are you using in UI3? If it is the JavaScript player, then it can be a limiting factor on slow devices.
It's not. Using HTML5:
1662228538884.png