Blue Iris UI3

martin.b07

n3wb
Reaction score
As you know, mouse over isn’t very useful and comfortable on a touch device.
I like UI3 when using a PC, but Not a touch device.

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place to post support issues, but I just loaded UI3 on my iPhone X to test it out on mobile.

After trying to maximise the video something I must have tapped in the bottom right hand corner has resulted in a continuous loop of toast errors, even if I refresh the browser.

:-/

3496AAFF-AE8F-4829-9710-E1A667CA6EC9.jpeg

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place to post support issues, but I just loaded UI3 on my iPhone X to test it out on mobile.

After trying to maximise the video something I must have tapped in the bottom right hand corner has resulted in a continuous loop of toast errors, even if I refresh the browser.

:-/
This is a great place to post support issues. From the code line number 11310 included in the error message, it looks like the error appeared when you accidentally pressed this button which enables the function that automatically maximizes cameras that are detecting motion:

1642273890601.png

Why that is causing an error, I really have no idea. If you are willing to set up remote access to your Blue Iris web server for me, using a temporary user name and password that you set up in Blue Iris just for this, then I would be happy to log in and use the Chrome debugger to see what is going on. If you are willing to do that, just send me a private message with the URL and login credentials:

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's exactly what it was, thanks!

I recreated on desktop it it seems some of the local-overrides js and css are 404ing

1642276070501.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That is all to be expected. Local overrides files are not included in UI3 releases specifically so that users may add their own to customize the UI.

The preset image failures are also normal when Blue Iris did not set the presets for a PTZ camera.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Since you know how to access the developer console, you could enter JSON.stringify(cameraListLoader.GetLastResponse()) and paste the result here. It might clue me in about what is wrong to cause the error.

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sure thing:

JSON:
'{
    "result": "success",
    "session": "67a004dd34b3402617d20d866019198f",
    "data": [
        {
            "optionDisplay": "Gate Cam",
            "optionValue": "GateCam",
            "active": true,
            "color": 9068350,
            "admin": true,
            "ptz": true,
            "audio": true,
            "newalerts": 0,
            "lastalert": 2186834,
            "alertutc": 1642256304,
            "webcast": true,
            "isEnabled": true,
            "hidden": false,
            "isOnline": true,
            "tempfull": false,
            "type": 4,
            "profile": 1,
            "lock": 0,
            "pause": 0,
            "isPaused": false,
            "isRecording": true,
            "isManRec": false,
            "ManRecElapsed": 0,
            "ManRecLimit": 0,
            "isYellow": false,
            "isMotion": false,
            "isTriggered": false,
            "isAlerting": false,
            "isNoSignal": false,
            "nAlerts": 27,
            "nTriggers": 27,
            "nClips": 79,
            "nNoSignal": 8,
            "error": "",
            "FPS": 20.57,
            "BPS": 2007729,
            "width": 3840,
            "height": 2160
        }
    ]
}'

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, geez. I bet I know what is wrong then. You have only one camera and your All Cameras group has webcasting disabled?

Can you look here and see if the checkbox is checked at the top?

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
. You have only one camera
That's right, please don't judge me on my humble single camera system, I'm waiting for stock to arrive before it can multiply :D

All Cameras group has webcasting disabled?
Looks like there' only 'All Cameras' available as an option in that dropdown.

1642288236268.png

This is the All Cameras dialogue box settings:

1642287703843.png

Last edited:

martin.b07

n3wb
Reaction score
I do not understand what the problem is.
Ok, I will try to explain it another way.
The playback controls of the clips are mouse over as well as the close button. On touch devices these settings aren’t visible or only when I click once. But when I click I once the clip pauses.
It would be cool if there is an touch device option where all mouse over controls are fixed. For me it’s ok, when the video size is getting smaller.

I hope this makes it more clear.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I will try to explain it another way.
The playback controls of the clips are mouse over as well as the close button. On touch devices these settings aren’t visible or only when I click once. But when I click I once the clip pauses.
It would be cool if there is an touch device option where all mouse over controls are fixed. For me it’s ok, when the video size is getting smaller.

I hope this makes it more clear.
Oh. Well I intuitively just do a small drag with my finger to bring up the controls. Tapping without dragging would pause it.

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I broke it again! Sorry…

This time testing on a Sony smart TV.

I don’t really use smart TV features much, but thought I’d give the web browser and UI3 a go.

Ended up with this error:

5093B7C7-DEAC-412B-BC62-3861644AD870.jpeg

I Believe the TV just runs a flavour of Android, would I be better off signing into a google account and seeing if the blue iris play store app works?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@MrRobinHood That is the first I've heard of a problem with setting the playback rate. I'll wrap the line in error handling code so it doesn't completely break playback. UI3 adjusts playback rate in fine increments in an attempt to control how much video is buffered by the HTML5 player. So if that fails, it isn't great, but it isn't the end of the world. It just means video delay might be worse on old Sony TVs. The fix will be in UI3-197.

Anyway, TV browsers are awful about not getting updated, so they have all kinds of unexpected problems. If you already own the BI android app, that may work better, but again there may be unexpected issues due to running an ancient version of Android.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@MrRobinHood in the meantime, you may be able to switch the TV to a Jpeg streaming mode (if the error messages don't prevent you from reaching the control). Then in UI Settings > Video Player, you can set HTML5 delay compensation to None. This should turn off the code that tries to set playback rate. Then you can switch back to H.264 streaming if you like.