Blue Iris UI3

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Any chance of an alerts filter for DeepStack alerts only?
If you select Auto-flag confirmed alerts in Camera settings/Trigger/Artificial Intelligence, then all the DeepStack alerts would show up in UI under Flagged. Just a thought...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Any chance of an alerts filter for DeepStack alerts only?
You'd have to ask BI support. I don't know if that is going to be a new database view or what, but it should be possible. It might just piggyback on the Sentry Confirmed flag since I imagine nobody would use two AI services at the same time?

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
please add "Auto Maximize" only with confirm alerts. Or Alerts. I will not Maximize only my AI say confirm

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't use the AI features yet myself, but isn't that already possible?
As far as I know this hasn't been implemented in BI yet. Auto-Cycle still 'triggers' from any motion trigger, pre-deepstack. At least in my testing but would be happy to learn otherwise!

rkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am working through some revisions to how I store and view CCTV content and as part of that I've started storing camera snapshots images and I use year and month named subfolders within the root snap shot folder as I retain a large number of snapshots given the smaller sizes of snapshot jpgs. Currently I keep one per camera every hours so the numbers grow quickly.

This works fine and the main BI UI allows selection of these when viewing:

2021-04-12_11-31-55.png

However in UI3 I cannot see these snapshot folders as it just lists the defined root folders:

UI3.jpg

Is there any way for me to see the images in sub folders and if not is this a limitation in the BI API or just something not implemented in UI3?

I am aware I'll end up with a lot of snapshots eventually and that could impact the BI DB performance, hence I am planning to export older snapshots for automatic inclusion in the iMatch 2020 photo server software I also use. However having the recent ones available by UI3 without using a flat structure would be useful but not essential as I can switch to a flat structure for BI and apply the sub folder structure on export to the photo server (I will add EXIF date and camera name tags as well at that point).

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way for me to see the images in sub folders and if not is this a limitation in the BI API or just something not implemented in UI3?
There is not. It is a limitation of the BI API. UI3 is told nothing about those subfolders. I know it is a lot more cumbersome but you can still filter by date range. In fact this is often required to view older items since if you don't use a date filter then you only see the 1200 (or is it 1000, I forget) most recent items.

rkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks @bp2008.

I'll revert to flat storage for snapshots in the BI folders and reduce the number stored before export to the photo server for viewing garden and other changes over longer time periods.

xGROMx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there, or could there be a way to hide the left bar while not in full screen like you can when in full screen?
I use vertical monitors and the top half of my left vertical monitor is used for my cameras. I can't use full screen as it will take over way more then needed to see the cam layout.

Cam and Monitor Layout.jpg

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there, or could there be a way to hide the left bar while not in full screen like you can when in full screen?
Yes.

1618525039058.png

Chrome also lets you open UI3 a bit more like a native app to save a little bit of vertical space, if you want.

While on UI3, go to Chrome's main menu > More tools > Create shortcut. Check the "Open as window" box. This will create a shortcut on your desktop.

This may waste some vertical space with a big fat address bar just to say your connection is not secure. You can work around this by using an HTTPS proxy server with a trusted certificate ... or use the easy method where you right click the shortcut, go to properties, and edit the "Target" to replace the --app-id=xxxxx with --app=URL. E.g.: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome_proxy.exe" --profile-directory=Default --app=http://my_blue_iris:81/ui3.htm

And then you get a much more compact frame.

1618525856559.png

Last edited:

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This may waste some vertical space with a big fat address bar just to say your connection is not secure. You can work around this by using an HTTPS proxy server with a trusted certificate ... or use the easy method where you right click the shortcut, go to properties, and edit the "Target" to replace the --app-id=xxxxx with --app=URL. E.g.: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome_proxy.exe" --profile-directory=Default --app=http://my_blue_iris:81/ui3.htm

And then you get a much more compact frame.
I've been using this tweak for a while now but I didn't know the trick to remove the part about the connection not being secure, so thanks @bp2008 for that added bonus. Now to tag onto that, I added the "?group=" parameter so that it opens up the group that I want too, like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome_proxy.exe" --profile-directory=Default --app=http://my_blue_iris:81/ui3.htm?group=MY_VERTICAL_LAYOUT

It just keeps getting better!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi all, Brand new to Blue Iris and very impressed so far. my first Question is, With Ui3 is it possible to increase Frame rate in Gallery view, single view is good i have tweaked it to run smoothly but on Gallery view its very choppy and sits at about 5fps. sorry if this has been answered already. i currently run 4 Hikvision 4mp Cameras with with Ai running on Deepstack.

Attachments

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi all, Brand new to Blue Iris and very impressed so far. my first Question is, With Ui3 is it possible to increase Frame rate in Gallery view, single view is good i have tweaked it to run smoothly but on Gallery view its very choppy and sits at about 5fps. sorry if this has been answered already. i currently run 4 Hikvision 4mp Cameras with with Ai running on Deepstack.
Should be just a change within your webcasting settings (Page 58 in the Help File .pdf):

Default max FPS

Screenshot 2021-04-18 at 15.29.15.png

Reaction score
All cameras are currently set at 25fps I have been playing with lower frame rates for both the main and sub stream with zero impact. I have lowered them to 15fps at the same time I also lower the I frame to match the frame rate. I have also tried doubling the I frame to see if that would help but nothing. I am running this on an i7 processor with 16G of ram. Using 500g Wd ssd and a seagate ironwolf 2tb drive for storage.