Blue Iris UI3

rkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would like to see the date for alert/recording tiles changed to also include the day of the week or an option to do so. The reason is that day of week is often important when reviewing old clips and I often find myself doing the mental arithmetic or calendar checking for older dates to determine this.

For example currently I am looking at tiles titled "March 15, 2021" and I would prefer something like "March 15, 2021 (Monday)" or perhaps with the day name right aligned in the tile title area.

I've use the former style by modifying the ui3.js source a while back but haven't bothered in more recent versions and was wondering if anyone else would like to see this change or option in UI3 generally?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there a way to delete a "queued" export job in UI3? I tried exporting a portion of a clip as a WMV from two different machines and the job hangs and never completes but I see no way to abort or delete it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think we implemented cancelation in the API. You can probably do it from Blue Iris local console. Click the folder icon above the clip list, then choose Convert/Export list at the bottom of the menu.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response!

I'll fool with that. The whole thing happened yesterday and there were log entries showing a WMV export failed "WM setup failed: 80070057" when I think the jobs finally timed out in BI. They were started at around 17:00 local and that last error happened at 22:00 local. AVI and MP4 worked fine though. Wonder why the WMV failed. Maybe because Windows update has been shut off for too long? Beats me.

mentosan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

I just noticed that the HLS (.m3u8) stream cannot be played on iOS devices. Maybe you could ping the BlueIris author so he can fix the stream (I've tried the same code, based on video.js, using other HLS streams and it works, so it is definitely a stream issue).
Very easy to reproduce using the excellent UI3 interface and accessing the HLS stream on iPhone/iPad.

Thanks!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the Blue Iris develope does not come to this web site. IN BI on the about page there is "EMAIL support" button. Click it and follow the directions. I am not sure what causes the M3U8 audio file

Evisser4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In previous builds of UI3, included with BI4 I used to be able to double click an alert from the list of alerts, then it starts playing at the correct position in the correct clip. I was then able to scrub through that whole clip. With the current version, I am only able to view the length of the alert rather than taking me to the correct position in the clip. Can this be added to recent versions?

Thanks,
Erik

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
In previous builds of UI3, included with BI4 I used to be able to double click an alert from the list of alerts, then it starts playing at the correct position in the correct clip. I was then able to scrub through that whole clip. With the current version, I am only able to view the length of the alert rather than taking me to the correct position in the clip. Can this be added to recent versions?

Thanks,
Erik
This did not change. Alerts still behave just as bookmarks to a specific offset in a clip. If you're sure it isn't working correctly, you can private message me login details and I'll take a look at your UI3 and see what is wrong.

Evisser4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This did not change. Alerts still behave just as bookmarks to a specific offset in a clip. If you're sure it isn't working correctly, you can private message me login details and I'll take a look at your UI3 and see what is wrong.
It changed in version 124 to 125. Version 125 works differently than prior versions.

Evisser4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't understand the problem then.
When a recorded clip is playing, I used to be able to grab the little square on the "progress bar" and scrub through the clip to a specific point and then let go of the mouse button and it would resume playback of the clip at the spot that I "scrubbed" to. Starting with ui3-125, when I scrub and let go of the mouse button, playback restarts at the beginning of the clip, its as if I never scrubbed to a different time in the clip. Which to me defeats the purpose of scrubbing to another part of a clip.

Thanks,
Erik

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
When a recorded clip is playing, I used to be able to grab the little square on the "progress bar" and scrub through the clip to a specific point and then let go of the mouse button and it would resume playback of the clip at the spot that I "scrubbed" to. Starting with ui3-125, when I scrub and let go of the mouse button, playback restarts at the beginning of the clip, its as if I never scrubbed to a different time in the clip. Which to me defeats the purpose of scrubbing to another part of a clip.

Thanks,
Erik
Oh. I would have expected the opposite behavior. Brokenness before UI3-125, fixed after.

What BI and UI3 versions are you using now?

Blue Iris recently had issues with UI3 seeking but as far as I know that is solved in the latest several builds.

Evisser4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh. I would have expected the opposite behavior. Brokenness before UI3-125, fixed after.

What BI and UI3 versions are you using now?

Blue Iris recently had issues with UI3 seeking but as far as I know that is solved in the latest several builds.
Glad we are on the same page now. It was difficult to explain. I am running version 4.8.6.3.