Blue Iris UI3

gwithers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that the "Use Hi-res JPEG for alert mouseover" option in UI3 with BI version 5.6.7.1 is no longer working and instead shows this icon for what appears to be "image not found" response? Reverting back to BI 5.6.7.0 restores the functionality.
Untitled.png

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that the "Use Hi-res JPEG for alert mouseover" option in UI3 with BI version 5.6.7.1 is no longer working and instead shows this icon for what appears to be "image not found" response? Reverting back to BI 5.6.7.0 restores the functionality.
View attachment 149469
yes, I see the same thing. unchecking the "use high res JPEG" works, but checking gives same error.

gwithers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Indeed, not using the hi-res jpeg on mouseover works fine for me as well.

gwithers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah sorry, that post came about after I last checked for this issue early in the week. Point noted on this being a BI bug that needs to be submitted to BI support.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe so. I ran a small micro system and external USB drive for a while after my main server died waiting to find a deal on another. Worked fine mostly but now and then when doing various things I'd get the same. Server itself never seemed taxed much. Eventually "shucked" and swapped the drive into my new server and I don't think that I've seen the same since. But the new system is quite a bit better overall too.
Does anyone else here store their video in a Storage Space? JBOD or otherwise? How's your performance?

From what I've read over the last couple of days, SS can suffer from performance issues, but generally in write performance, and especially in a parity-stripe configuration. Random Read performance is generally on par with a true RAID 0 or RAID 10.

My V: volume is formatted at NTSF with 64K cluster size. Disk loading doesn't seem to show any issues. Here's the Task Manager on my BI box while I'm watching UI3 from another machine, Live, with 16 cameras showing. As expected, there is no Read activity. Write speed varies a little bit, but tends to peak around ~16 - 18 MB/sec. I have not observed it going higher than 20 MB/sec:

1672424463250.png
When I switch to Timeline, with 4 cameras playing, I see:

1672424542038.png

When I'm scrubbing and skipping through those 4 cameras in Timeline, and it stalls, I see pretty much the same thing:

1672424584695.png
I'm not sure what queue length tells us, but it never even gets up to 1.0. Here it is when stalled:

1672424690561.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Just provide the group name in place of a camera short name in the script. "All cameras" is a special case as its group is named "Index".

ncpilot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, back with more details on the issue of error in screen shot... "Unable to contact Blue Iris server." when trying to view system log.

I can confirm that it happens on my Android devices using Chrome, and on a laptop running Linux Mint with Firefox.

Went into the direct BI interface on my BI computer, opened log file, cleared, and then I could view log on all devices.

every single other selection in the UI3 menu will display on all devices, it's only when the log file gets large that it won't display.

Just an interesting anomaly, I don't really expect a solution, just something I noticed in case you're interested in trouble shooting...

error.jpg

jeremypsl

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have the same problem as me : when i looked at a stream, it reach 15fps without any problem but when a motion is detected, fps drop for a few seconds.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have the same problem as me : when i looked at a stream, it reach 15fps without any problem but when a motion is detected, fps drop for a few seconds.
I've seen that happen sometimes, but not very often. Probably related to a hard drive taking longer than expected to complete some operation.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't record to a NAS, but it doesn't get much worse for latency than that (especially with mechanical HDDs being used).

gwithers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently switched over to recording video to my Synology NAS and I have been a bit surprised at how seamlessly it all works. No issues with live video fps, thumbnail popup speed, timeline video scrubbing or video playback. I know I am doing all the bad things here as I am even running my BI server in a VM on a Proxmox box (which also runs my CPAI instances with GPU passthrough). In spite of all of that, it all works like it did when the entire BI infrastructure was installed on a dedicated stand alone PC. There is more to it when you do it this way of course but it can work if there are no weak links in the chain. The NAS is not intrinsically the problem but the HDD you have in the NAS could be. The NVR specific HDDs do work well for their intended application.

Perhaps I should add that I run 15 2K cameras on my setup

Last edited: