Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bp2008 has a paypal account if you want to thank him for the work on ui3
Done.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey @CaliGirl

Automatically full-screening specific cameras when they are triggered isn't an option yet. People have asked for it before, and I've thought a lot about it. The main roadblock is that I'm just not confident that I could make it a good experience. When people imagine this feature, they imagine it being useful and working really well. Kind of like watching an edited video created from multiple camera views after an event. With transitions occurring instantly and at ideal moments, always showing the most appropriate view.

In reality, camera switching would be delayed by up to 1-2 seconds as UI3 isn't notified immediately when there's motion. Then there would be a brief loading time as the new stream is requested, Then if you were using sub streams, you'd probably have to wait a little longer for the main stream to load (this transition is also still rather crude and buggy sometimes. Blue Iris's fault).

I may give it a try anyway. But once you add a feature like this, people won't let you take it away. No. Instead they start asking for more ways to configure it, and it becomes another maintenance chore! :rofl:

As for an Alexa integration, that isn't something a simple web page like UI3 can do.
Oh that makes total sense now that you explain it. It is working so well, so probably no reason to overcomplicate things. Thanks for your hard work on this UI.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey @CaliGirl,

I had some time to burn, so I added an "Auto-Maximize" feature in UI3-137 as you requested. It isn't in a Blue Iris release yet, but you can install the UI3 update manually if you are on a recent version of Blue Iris. Get UI3 updates from github: bp2008/ui3

The button to toggle it is in the control bar at the bottom of the video player area. There's one setting in UI Settings > Video Player where you can choose whether cameras will be maximized upon "Trigger" or upon Blue Iris's motion detection. (the two are not the same thing, although in many configurations they both happen at nearly the same time)

Last edited:

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey @CaliGirl,

I had some time to burn, so I added an "Auto-Maximize" feature in UI3-137 as you requested. It isn't in a Blue Iris release yet, but you can install the UI3 update manually if you are on a recent version of Blue Iris. Get UI3 updates from github: bp2008/ui3

The button to toggle it is in the control bar at the bottom of the video player area. There's one setting in UI Settings > Video Player where you can choose whether cameras will be maximized upon "Trigger" or upon Blue Iris's motion detection. (the two are not the same thing, although in many configurations they both happen at nearly the same time)
Thank you so much! I will try it out in the morning. And not request anything else from ya for a while :)

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 Are you open to removing the "Sentry" name from the Canceled and Confirmed menu options in UI3, to match the change in BI?

I assume it was changed since users can now utilize those same canceled/confirmed flags with AI Tool, etc to sort alerts? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 12.13.41 PM@2x.png Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 12.13.20 PM@2x.png

saw429

n3wb
Reaction score
** Edit**

I had to go in and manually enable "WebGL 2.0 Compute"

Anything change in Chrome? Edge is still working fine for profiles using the h264 codec.

Screenshot 2021-01-07 111445.jpg

Last edited:

R4nger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

Is it possible for a feature request of having a CAPTCHA login?

Many thanks
George

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There's no need for captcha (and it is impossible without server cooperation anyway). Blue Iris has auto-ban functionality enabled by default which will prevent brute force password hacking unless the hacker has a ridiculous number of source IP addresses at his command.

If you have trouble with lots of bot connections, change your web server port to something non-standard or else unforward it entirely and set up a VPN for remote access.

Reaction score
I've just updated to BI 5.3.8 from 5.3.5 and am now seeing a star on some Alert clips in UI3. I've done some searching here and in the BI help file, but am coming up empty as to what the star means. I'm thinking that my searching skills have just not been that good. Does anyone have some insight?

1610541116133.png

Reaction score
The star means Blue Iris has the alert flagged as "new" meaning you haven't looked at that camera since the alert happened. This, and other icons appearing on clips/alerts, can be seen in the UI Settings panel.
Thank you! Yep, my looking around skills were lacking this morning. ;)

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Blue Iris web interface has gotten a refresh!

UI3 comes with Blue Iris 4.7.3 or newer, first released April 20, 2018. It should be the default web interface in all browsers except Internet Explorer. If it isn't coming up, you can load it manually by opening this path in your web browser, replacing xxxxxx with your Blue Iris server's IP address or host name and port number if necessary.

Code:
http://xxxxxx/ui3.htm
Hint
Because UI3 uses some relatively new web APIs, not all browsers can run all the features. The best experience is in Chrome. Next best I'd say is Opera. Then perhaps Safari (on Mac). Microsoft Edge and Firefox have HTML5 streaming issues and are not recommended.

UI3 works quite well on Android (in Chrome), but many features are missing on iOS due to Apple's restrictions placed on browsers.

Special Thanks
My thanks go out to everyone who helped beta-test this UI, and also to @ruppmeister who created the original visual design and layout of this UI. He also created most of the icons used within.

Help File

UI3 has a help file linked in its main menu. Here is an online copy hosted by GitHub: UI3 Help

The help file includes a list of URL parameters, but people often don't think to look there, so I'm including a copy here for convenience:

URL Parameters

Several URL parameters can change UI3's startup behavior.

ParameterEffectExample
maximize=1UI3 loads with the left and top control bars hidden.ui3.htm?maximize=1
tab=liveThe "Live" tab is loaded.ui3.htm?tab=live
tab=alertsThe "Alerts" tab is loaded.ui3.htm?tab=alerts
tab=clipsThe "Clips" tab is loaded.ui3.htm?tab=clips
group=groupnameThe group with the specified name is loaded.ui3.htm?group=index
cam=shortNameThe camera with the specified "Short name" is loaded.ui3.htm?cam=porch
Multiple parameters can be combined. Separate multiple parameters with "&", like this: ui3.htm?tab=alerts&cam=porch&maximize=1

Q & A
Some questions I have received, and their answers:

Q: Can UI3 start in full-screen mode automatically?
A: No. Web browsers require user input to enter full-screen mode, and loading a page doesn't count as user input. Several browsers have command-line options to enable this type of functionality from a desktop shortcut. Use google to search for things like "chrome start fullscreen" or "chrome kiosk".

Q: Can you add the ability to delete a clip?
A: No, because that ability is already there! It is in a context menu. Right click on a clip, or long-press if using a touchscreen. Hint: You can hold CTRL and/or SHIFT when clicking clips to select multiple and delete them all at once!

Q: The "preset reference image" is really a nice feature and I applaud you on that. Would it be possible to have a daytime pic and night time pic stored so that time of day would determine which "preset reference image" displayed?
A: Possible, yes, but it won't happen. I can think of too many reasons why this wouldn't work well. 1) The UI doesn't know if it is day or night. 2) You'd have to assign each preset once during the day and once at night. 3) Too confusing.

Q: It would be nice if there was update available notifications like there is in ui2.
A: This UI is released as part of Blue Iris, so any updates to the UI are obtained just by updating Blue Iris. Therefore I don't think an update notification system is necessary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People won't stop asking how to donate.

Nobody has to donate. All my custom Blue Iris pages are and always will be free. Seriously folks, put your money toward more cameras or a CPU upgrade or something.

If you really can't help but give me some of your money, use this link:

Pay Brian Pearce using PayPal.Me
is there a way to disable the time in UI settings, Default is 10 minutes

Edcfish

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you mean to disable UI3 from requiring a login after 10 minutes of inactivity?
If so, go to the 3 dots in the upper right, click on UI Settings, then change the value for the 4th setting from the top 'The UI will close itself after this many minutes of inactivity. (0 to disable)' to 0 (zero).
ui3.png

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you mean to disable UI3 from requiring a login after 10 minutes of inactivity?
If so, go to the 3 dots in the upper right, click on UI Settings, then change the value for the 4th setting from the top 'The UI will close itself after this many minutes of inactivity. (0 to disable)' to 0 (zero).
View attachment 79645
Is there a way to disable it in the main software so without having to go through the browser UI settings

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I love new "auto maximize " :) How can i setup maximize zime ? I olny see 2-3 . Can you add a time option ?