Blue iris not deleting old footage

bennuss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Should i delete the whole db folder or just what is in it?

bennuss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok so i did this and waited a week. still no footage moved to the storage folder. is there an issue when the folder is set to exactly 1300 instead of a little more or less

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok so i did this and waited a week. still no footage moved to the storage folder. is there an issue when the folder is set to exactly 1300 instead of a little more or less
Post an image of your current status clips storage tab

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bennuss, Have you tried to set it up using time rather than size? I have 2 4TB drives plus the SSD for system and BI. On the first 4TB drive I have "New" & "Storage". I have 7 cameras which stay in New for 1 day then move to Storage for 30 days. On the 2nd 4TB drive I have "Aux" which receives the files after 30 days and keeps them for 60 days then deletes them. I'm not sure if this works yet because I am still under 30 days since I set it up. New IS moving them after a day but since I have not reached the 30 day mark I can't say for sure it works. Don't see why it wouldn't. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@bennuss, Have you tried to set it up using time rather than size? I have 2 4TB drives plus the SSD for system and BI. On the first 4TB drive I have "New" & "Storage". I have 7 cameras which stay in New for 1 day then move to Storage for 30 days. On the 2nd 4TB drive I have "Aux" which receives the files after 30 days and keeps them for 60 days then deletes them. I'm not sure if this works yet because I am still under 30 days since I set it up. New IS moving them after a day but since I have not reached the 30 day mark I can't say for sure it works. Don't see why it wouldn't. Hope this helps.
Either should work, using time based deletion is silly unless mandated by law/contract, this causes files to be deleted earlier than they need to be.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No idea, I would email support. You can also try exporting your settings and reinstalling.
Are your combine and cut times excessively long? Are new files being written to the new folder?