Blue Iris detects RTSP ports for cameras, but 400: Bad request

PStechPaul

n3wb
Reaction score
I have just installed the trial version of Blue Iris in the hopes that it would give me better control of the two new cameras I recently got from Banggood (China). The CMS client software supplied finds the cameras, which are hard-wired to my Xfinity router via Ethernet, and it shows the video images as expected and performs video recording. But they do not work via WiFi, and there is no way to set the date/time stamp, which now reads 2010-05-01 for one camera and 2010-01-01 for the other.

I was able to enter the IP addresses (10.0.0.4 and 10.0.0.82) for the cameras in Blue Iris, and it found RTSP ports, but gave an error 400: Bad Request, and the video screens report No Signal.

I am new to surveillance cameras, and a new member of this forum. A friend on the Home Shop Machinist forum suggested Blue Iris and this forum for expert advice.

The first camera is:

https://us.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...a-1095692.html ($42)

and the second is:

https://www.banggood.com/GUUDGO-GD-S...p-1165482.html ($29)

The software and instruction manuals are located at:

Yyp2p or Yoosee

A more detailed manual was suggested on the banggood website, but it is for a different camera. However, I think the software may be the same, and it appears that an Android app may be able to set date/time and perform other functions not available for Windows.

http://enginuitysystems.com/pix/electronics/Camera_20161111234315English User Manual.pdf

I plan to buy an inexpensive Android tablet to see if it does what I want. The Windows CMS GUI is otherwise adequate, but Blue Iris appears to be better, if I can get it to communicate with my cameras.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have just installed the trial version of Blue Iris in the hopes that it would give me better control of the two new cameras I recently got from Banggood (China). The CMS client software supplied finds the cameras, which are hard-wired to my Xfinity router via Ethernet, and it shows the video images as expected and performs video recording. But they do not work via WiFi, and there is no way to set the date/time stamp, which now reads 2010-05-01 for one camera and 2010-01-01 for the other.

I was able to enter the IP addresses (10.0.0.4 and 10.0.0.82) for the cameras in Blue Iris, and it found RTSP ports, but gave an error 400: Bad Request, and the video screens report No Signal.

I am new to surveillance cameras, and a new member of this forum. A friend on the Home Shop Machinist forum suggested Blue Iris and this forum for expert advice.

The first camera is:

https://us.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...a-1095692.html ($42)

and the second is:

https://www.banggood.com/GUUDGO-GD-S...p-1165482.html ($29)

The software and instruction manuals are located at:

Yyp2p or Yoosee

A more detailed manual was suggested on the banggood website, but it is for a different camera. However, I think the software may be the same, and it appears that an Android app may be able to set date/time and perform other functions not available for Windows.

http://enginuitysystems.com/pix/electronics/Camera_20161111234315English User Manual.pdf

I plan to buy an inexpensive Android tablet to see if it does what I want. The Windows CMS GUI is otherwise adequate, but Blue Iris appears to be better, if I can get it to communicate with my cameras.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Welcome to the forum..first and foremost stop spending your money on garbage cameras...
you need to properly setup the cameras in blue iris....
How to add camera to BI that is not in the drop down list

PStechPaul

n3wb
Reaction score
I might buy better cameras eventually, but these seem to work well enough.

I downloaded and installed ONVIF device manager 2.2.250, and it immediately found both cameras. When I clicked on Live Video it showed the images from the cameras. I also successfully corrected the date/time stamp.

But I was unable to get anything on Blue Iris. I tried using 10.0.0.82:5000 as well as 10.0.0.82:51 but no joy. I also went though the steps to establish communication with the router and devices but I didn't know what to enter in the various dialog boxes, and some were not editable.

So, at this point the original CMS software should be adequate. I have no doubt the Blue Iris may be better, but I have to be really impressed to pay $80 (and it has to work).

Thanks for the help!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I might buy better cameras eventually, but these seem to work well enough.

I downloaded and installed ONVIF device manager 2.2.250, and it immediately found both cameras. When I clicked on Live Video it showed the images from the cameras. I also successfully corrected the date/time stamp.

But I was unable to get anything on Blue Iris. I tried using 10.0.0.82:5000 as well as 10.0.0.82:51 but no joy. I also went though the steps to establish communication with the router and devices but I didn't know what to enter in the various dialog boxes, and some were not editable.

So, at this point the original CMS software should be adequate. I have no doubt the Blue Iris may be better, but I have to be really impressed to pay $80 (and it has to work).

Thanks for the help!
Comparing blue Iris to cms is like comparing a Ferrari to a used Chevy...blue iris works but you refuse to read the link I posted....cant help you if you don't want to help yourself...good luck.. hopefully you need those cameras for bird watching and not for a security purpose...

PStechPaul

n3wb
Reaction score
I did read the link to that discussion, and that's where I found the information on the ONVIF Device Manager. I am not a networking expert and I have no prior experience with surveillance cameras, so many of the terms used in the discussion are confusing.

Maybe I'd be happier with a used Chevy than a Ferrari. It would get me where I need to go, even if it was a rough gravel road with ruts and potholes. The Ferrari - not so much - and I have better things to spend $100,000 on. But, to each his own. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did read the link to that discussion, and that's where I found the information on the ONVIF Device Manager. I am not a networking expert and I have no prior experience with surveillance cameras, so many of the terms used in the discussion are confusing.

Maybe I'd be happier with a used Chevy than a Ferrari. It would get me where I need to go, even if it was a rough gravel road with ruts and potholes. The Ferrari - not so much - and I have better things to spend $100,000 on. But, to each his own. Thanks.
Yes you were happy with cms..that's why you were trying blue Iris...

PStechPaul

n3wb
Reaction score
My only complaint about CMS was not being able to set date/time stamp. I only tried Blue Iris because someone on the Home Shop Machinist forum recommended it. But since I can't get it to work, I can't tell if it has better features that are worth $80.

Here is a screenshot of Blue Iris after I had it inspect the port and it found a RTSP port and selected a generic camera type:

upload_2017-8-5_17-42-49.jpeg

A screenshot of ONVIF:
upload_2017-8-5_17-45-27.jpeg

I don't know what to try at this point. From the responses to your link it seems that many others have had problems and only a few may have been resolved.

PStechPaul

n3wb
Reaction score
It's build 4.1.0.4 x64. I didn't set up a password. When it first installed there was a string of "*****" but I deleted them. The ONVIF Device Manager was able to find the cameras and display the video images without any password.

upload_2017-8-6_2-57-54.jpeg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's build 4.1.0.4 x64. I didn't set up a password. When it first installed there was a string of "*****" but I deleted them. The ONVIF Device Manager was able to find the cameras and display the video images without any password.

View attachment 20661
you are using a VERY old build...go to the website and update...the try find inspect again...not sure where you downloaded this old crap... blueirissoftware.com
I would do a complete uninstall and then reinstall the latest version