Blue Iris and DeepStack ALPR

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No use the mainstream in the camera.

Turn off the Use main stream if available - sometimes that can cause in issue.

1641998321102.png

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am loving this thread. Thanks Mike. I spent about an hour or so yesterday and it never worked, but I believe the issue is on my configuration. The snapshots that are going into the alert folders are "off time" (a car triggers it, but the jpg that gets saved is eitehr before or after the license plate is out of range). I don't have time to look into it for a while (and this is definately not a mission critical issue for me). I would post my settings, but I uninstalled the ALPR completely for now. The python script in it was causing slightly higher CPU usage than I am comfortable with until I have time to look at it some more. Thanks for everything you're doing Mike!!!!!!!!
The issue with the timing could be the below that was sent to support. Do you have "Burn label mark-up onto alert images" turned off. It is best to use the GPU version of DeepStack if you have a Nvidia GPU, that will drop your CPU usage.

Requested changes sent to Blue Iris Support (Ken) to improve the integration:
  • If you turn off Burn label mark-up onto alert images the alert image that is saved is the motion triggered image not the image DeepStack confirmed. Can you please change to the confirmed image

Lieberkind

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The issue with the timing could be the below that was sent to support. Do you have "Burn label mark-up onto alert images" turned off. It is best to use the GPU version of DeepStack if you have a Nvidia GPU, that will drop your CPU usage.

• If you turn off Burn label mark-up onto alert images the alert image that is saved is the motion triggered image not the image DeepStack confirmed. Can you please change to the confirmed image
Don't have Nvidia GPU. What should I use of Hardware acc?

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hold down the Ctrl key and double click on the canceled alert and a window will popup showing what DeepStack did

johnstjs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I had "Burn label markup" checked, is that how it should be? I'm not sure if I have an Nvidia GPU or not and I'm not able to check at the moment. Thanks for your help!

Lieberkind

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am going post V2.2 later today, it might fix some of the issues you are having. It is 2:30 am where I am, I am going to sleep now.
First time I see a correct plate in logfile :)

01/13/2022 14:06:48 Plate: AW44986 87% CropTime: 15.6 ms OCRTime: 0.0 ms AlertTime: 0.0 ms TotalTime: 15.6 ms File: ALPR.20220113_140649.0.16-0.jpg

Attachments

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just posted V2.2 in the first post.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I just posted V2.2 in the first post.
Thank you for all your hard work behind this custom model