Blue Iris 4 storage error notification?

msquared

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can anyone help me identify the cause of this that appears on the bottom of the BI4 window? This appears on a fresh BI4 install on a new W10 Pro PC. The BI DB is on C: drive (NVME drive) and the clips are stored on AV rated drive label T:

I exported .reg from Win7 pc to new Win10 pc, deactivated Win7 install, activated license on new Win10.

I don't know where the reference to D: is coming from, nor how to get rid of it.

Capture.PNG

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone help me identify the cause of this that appears on the bottom of the BI4 window? This appears on a fresh BI4 install on a new W10 Pro PC. The BI DB is on C: drive (NVME drive) and the clips are stored on AV rated drive label T:

I exported .reg from Win7 pc to new Win10 pc, deactivated Win7 install, activated license on new Win10.

I don't know where the reference to D: is coming from, nor how to get rid of it.

View attachment 51392
How about a couple of screenshots of your "options'. "clips and archiving" page, 1 for the "New" folder and 1 for the "Stored" folder.

msquared

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, I now see one issue, I can't explain this either, the path in my screenshot is referencing BI3, I'm about to change that and send a new screenshot

msquared

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Capture2.PNG

Message in red still exists after updating db path

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The "New" folder path should be "T:\Blue Iris\New", "Stored" should be "T:\Blue Iris\Storage".

I'd close BI, create those sub-folders in Windows Explorer, then open BI and repair database ("status", "clip storage", "repair database").

Last edited:

msquared

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow, Tony, I can't thank you enough. I found the reference to the D: drive that must have carried over in the settings export. I created a new, stored, and alerts folder under the Blue Iris root folder on T: drive, restarted, and red message is gone.

Thank you so much for helping me, and on a holiday!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Capture4.PNG

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, Tony, I can't thank you enough. I found the reference to the D: drive that must have carried over in the settings export. I created a new, stored, and alerts folder under the Blue Iris root folder on T: drive, restarted, and red message is gone.

Thank you so much for helping me, and on a holiday!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Glad I could help...and Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. :)