Black screen when connecting IP camera to XVR Dahua

facukpo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm Facundo, from Argentina, and I'm new into this forum.

I'm looking for some help with an IP Camera and a XVR Dahua. I have bought two cheap IP dome cameras in AliExpress.

One of them, (the external dome) could be connected via ONVIF to my XVR and I can also control len's head.

The other, an internal camera Model IL-HIP291G-2M also connects, but I see a black video stream. Curiously, I can also control the dome head, buy it doesn't display anything.
It works perfectly from the App YCC365.

I have tried several things... I opened it via telnet to do some hacks. I also checked the rtsp output and is working great, but the XVR still shows a black input from the camera.
I tried ONVIF defaults of that camera (http 80, onvif 554)...
My XVR is DHI-XVR5108HS-S2.
Have you got any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome @facukpo

Check the stream information on the camera. Some cameras have multiple streams available and the multiple view screen on the NVR will need to be properly configured for a stream.

facukpo

n3wb
Reaction score
@mat200 I have checked from VLC Media Player, from RTSP output.

For "Main" stream:
upload_2019-5-8_17-15-56.png

For "Sub" Stream:

upload_2019-5-8_17-17-14.png

Both RTSP outputs were tested in the NVR and result is a Black video. From VLC video is displayed normally.

The camera doesn't allow to change anything of this, but maybe through telnet some files can be changed.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@mat200 I have checked from VLC Media Player, from RTSP output.

For "Main" stream:

For "Sub" Stream:

Both RTSP outputs were tested in the NVR and result is a Black video. From VLC video is displayed normally.

The camera doesn't allow to change anything of this, but maybe through telnet some files can be changed.
Hi @facukpo

FYI - This issue on Dahua OEM NVRs has been covered in other threads - the typical issue is the substream needs to be properly set on the NVR for it to be displayed.

You'll need to look closer into this, as I suspect it maybe also the issue you are having.

facukpo

n3wb
Reaction score
@mat200 yes, I found this thread where the problem looks to be the same: Onvif camera almost working....video question

But no solution...

I've attached two videos (open with VLC) where I show what I am doing and what is happening.

I'm thinking on sending some Post requests to ONVIF ports to the camera that works well, and compare with the received from the not working camera. After that, if I found a difference, I can edit the ONVIF interface via telnet and see what happens. Do you think I'm in a good way?

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@mat200 yes, I found this thread where the problem looks to be the same: Onvif camera almost working....video question

But no solution...

I've attached two videos (open with VLC) where I show what I am doing and what is happening.

I'm thinking on sending some Post requests to ONVIF ports to the camera that works well, and compare with the received from the not working camera. After that, if I found a difference, I can edit the ONVIF interface via telnet and see what happens. Do you think I'm in a good way?
Maybe related to this?
New Dahua 4231 cams on Lorex NR916 don't show on multi-view screens

note - this is largely based on what I have been reading from others

facukpo

n3wb
Reaction score
@mat200
hmmm maybe yes... I just realized that both cameras are showing perfectly from the app gDMSS Plus, althought in the XVR it shows a black image (and also from the web).

From Web, I can also see that same bitrate is running while I see the black video (around 600kbps), as well as in VLC Media Player (last one displaying image ok).

Locally from the XVR seems there is no way to see the image, even opening the camera in fullscreen.

From the app, I can also open Main or Extra streams, and video is ok (although surely it's the XVR stream).

Any ideas? This is really strange

Last edited:

facukpo

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm close to giving up... sad, because camera will go directly to trash, or it will be lost in some corner of the house.

I also checked recordings, from the Mobile App the video is ok. From the XVR interface black video.

Also tried with this hack ant-thomas/zsgx1hacks and now I can't control the PTZ anymore...

I am seriously thinking about how many hammer blows the small camera could withstand to be destroyed :'(

Reaction score
Hi Facundo, did you ever find a solution to this problem?
I have a similar problem with an axis camera, using ONVIF. In the Dahua XVR I can connect to the camera - green connection light. (Black screen in the live view)
However if i view the XVR via a webpage by connecting to the XVRs IP address the camera view works and appears through the dahua webviewer.

Settings used: manufacturer - other - not axis
URL filed appeared instead of IP for camera. Entered RSTP address in url field.

Is this the same experience you had? I'm hoping you have this solved and can help me :).
So far I have read, modifying frame rate on the third party ip camera etc may help - no joy so far...

teemu81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The issues I've found when I run into this problem were:

-The camera was using a codec not supported by the recorder, so it was needed to change it for a compatible one.
-The substream was not properly configured, you can easily check that by trying both type of streams on the browser were you can view the camera and see if you acess to the video feed on both main stream and substream.
(You can even have a mix of both problems, where main stream is using the right codec but substream a wrong one)