bidens incredible transition to electric cars

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Heh....how cheap is it now to own an electric car? Just like the cost of buying a canned coke in the vending machine. It's over $2.00 a can. Charging fees will continue to double and triple within a short time.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
On a side note, how many EV charging stations has the Bribem Administration built? Remember we're supposed to be all EV by 2035.

The answer is ZERO!

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
For some reason, most politicians think everyone who owns a electric car has their own house where they can plug their electric car in for 24 hours to top it off. What about the millions of apartment dwellers that park out in a big lot, with no power available for 100's of feet?

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
For some reason, most politicians think everyone who owns a electric car has their own house where they can plug their electric car in for 24 hours to top it off. What about the millions of apartment dwellers that park out in a big lot, with no power available for 100's of feet?

My employer has installed a bunch in the parking lot/garage and the local supermarket has them now. The supermarket offers free charging, at my employer it’s a 50% discount. Hopefully more businesses will follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Once there's a critical mass of EVs, those free chargers will be turned into profit centers.
Most of the free ones have disappeared. Cracker Barrel had 2 of them installed at their #1 store in Lebanon TN. They sat there unused for the better part of 6 years and finally pulled them back out, because everyone traveling the interstates drives Petro Cars. They did in in conjunction with Nissan, because the Nissan Leaf was forecasted to be a huge success @ 73 miles per charge and everyone was going to buy one....:lol:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
That is actually disturbing....
Is the CEO of Subaru adding total cost of employing totally non-skilled labor, like FUTA And SUTA and possibly shitty health insurance for McDonald's employees? That would be the only way I could imagine he could come up with a mid-twenties figure for non-skilled McDonald's employees realistically. Otherwise, it would cost over a $100 to take a family out to Micky D's for dinner and franchises would go broke paying those kind of hourly wages.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Will this be like when the utility offers you a measly one time credit of $25 so that you give them the right to turn off your AC during peak demand?

Who would want their EV cycling charge everyday to power back the grid? Gonna kill the life of the batteries.

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well it took me dozens of times driving to and from work to remember to record driving past the Ultium Cells manufacturing plant under construction that I posted the drone shots of several pages back.
I'm going about 60 here and it still takes me just short of a minute to drive past it. It's huge.
Had I kept recording you'd be able to see the GM plant, what use to be Saturn. But it's visible in the drone shots.

Video!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You mean just like Gas Stations...
Actually I think @tigerwillow1 was referring to "profit centers"; if a "Gas Station" sells only gasoline, they won't survive economically, as the bottom-line profit from a gallon of gas can be as low as 2 cents in some areas. This explains why most "gas stations" are basically convenience stores that also sell food, drinks, beer, cigarettes, etc. with markup as much as 30%.

IMO, the ticket printers at the pumps where you can use your credit/debit card and not have to go inside run out of paper a lot, </end sarcasm> throwing up a message "Clerk has receipt" because they want you to come in and buy something...something they can make more money on than they can make on gasoline.

Last edited: