BI5 Zone Multiple zone different crossing events?

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a way I am not aware of to get BI5 using zone crossing to do something like:
If A>B do this.
If B>A do that, etc.

curmudgeon

n3wb
Reaction score
2 ways -

1) You'll define both triggers in the dialog, which makes it an OR condition, so your trigger will fire in either case. In the action, have it include the substitution variable for the motion trigger. I don't have the documentation in front of me, but it's in there, and tells you which trigger caused it. You can use a single action, and have that (shell script, url, mqtt, whatever) read the variable and handle it accordingly.

2) duplicate the camera, making sure to leave the source unchanged (this uses a single video pipeline behind the scenes). Hide the duplicate if you want to keep it off your overview screen. Mark one of them as the primary clone, and set the recording options for that one. Set up your A>B trigger, with the appropriate actions. On the other camera, turn off full-time recording (except maybe a snapshot on trigger), and define the B>A trigger, with the appropriate actions for this trigger. When A>B happens, the first camera will see it and respond; B>A, only the second camera will see and respond.