BI3 to 4 upgrade

tinker3433

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok, I know Bi4 has been out for quite a while so this will seem odd. But stick with me.....

I have 2 licenses for Bi3, i bought the 2nd when i was switching to a different computer and did not want to mess with having to juggle the license back and forth in case i had issues with the cut over.

I then upgraded to BI4 when it came out a month later (just my luck)

I am now in the same position again. Switching PCs and wanting to utilize the 2nd license. I emailed support yesterday but no answer yet, I am not in the "premium support" window with the BI4 license. So i dove in and tried the change over this morning.

And of course the new PC has issues (non BI related) so i went back to the original PC and it now has evaluation version across the camera views. No surprise.

I am not trying to get around proper licensing. I am more than happy to pay for 2 licenses so i have a backup for just this situation. I just can't afford to pay full price again when i should legitimately be able to upgrade.

So now the question actual questions....
Is the BI3 to BI4 1/2 price upgrade offer still working?
Is there a way to do it without installing BI3, Like a direct link to an upgrade website?
If not is there a place i can still download BI3?

Thanks
Jeff

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I know Bi4 has been out for quite a while so this will seem odd. But stick with me.....

I have 2 licenses for Bi3, i bought the 2nd when i was switching to a different computer and did not want to mess with having to juggle the license back and forth in case i had issues with the cut over.

I then upgraded to BI4 when it came out a month later (just my luck)

I am now in the same position again. Switching PCs and wanting to utilize the 2nd license. I emailed support yesterday but no answer yet, I am not in the "premium support" window with the BI4 license. So i dove in and tried the change over this morning.

And of course the new PC has issues (non BI related) so i went back to the original PC and it now has evaluation version across the camera views. No surprise.

I am not trying to get around proper licensing. I am more than happy to pay for 2 licenses so i have a backup for just this situation. I just can't afford to pay full price again when i should legitimately be able to upgrade.

So now the question actual questions....
Is the BI3 to BI4 1/2 price upgrade offer still working?
Is there a way to do it without installing BI3, Like a direct link to an upgrade website?
If not is there a place i can still download BI3?

Thanks
Jeff
yes you can get a discount code from the developer...the 3.66 install file is available on the website upgrade page, but I highly recommend you move to bi4..in fact, as long as you have a bi4 license you are entitled to half off a second license even if you are not upgrading from bi3.

tinker3433

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks, I found the 3.66 install, i just wasn't scrolling down far enough.
I just wanted BI3 to be able to try to work my way to the upgrade offer
"Version 2 and 3 customers are entitled to upgrade for half price. Please use the check for updates function to receive further information."

How can i get the 2nd BI 4 license for half off?
I have an email in to support from yesterday but my working system is now in evaluation mode and i would like to get it fixed while i work out the issue with the "new" system

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I found the 3.66 install, i just wasn't scrolling down far enough.
I just wanted BI3 to be able to try to work my way to the upgrade offer
"Version 2 and 3 customers are entitled to upgrade for half price. Please use the check for updates function to receive further information."

How can i get the 2nd BI 4 license for half off?
I have an email in to support from yesterday but my working system is now in evaluation mode and i would like to get it fixed while i work out the issue with the "new" system
email support for the half off.