BI has become unstable.

Reaction score
It crashed again, when I left it unattended for a little while. I looked into the sleep mode, and it is now set to "NEVER" however in my other settings, the windows screensaver is supposed to prevent sleep.

I just went outside to move some cars around and it crashed again within minutes of leaving the console. Both error logs look the same as far as the data goes, other than the time stamps.
View attachment 160894View attachment 160895
Hmm, your installation is definitely atypical. Most people who run BI run it on a dedicated PC and don't use it for anything else. Since you're using it as your daily PC, I'm sure there's plenty of other software on there that could cause a conflict.

Do you notice any patterns when BI crashes? Such as after you run a program or browse the internet? How about the screensaver, how often does it run? Can you temporarily disable the screensaver?

Do you or anyone else play video games on this computer?

Do you have any anti-virus or security software installed on the computer? Is BI excluded from the software?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This machine is a daily driver and multi use machine and no other applications crash.
Hmmm.....so, not dedicated to BI.
Most people who run BI run it on a dedicated PC and don't use it for anything else. Since you're using it as your daily PC, I'm sure there's plenty of other software on there that could cause a conflict.
+1^^

Last edited:

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had one camera that did flag. I disabled it and still for some reason all of my clips are protected. Something else that is going on is there are lots of new clips and they aren't combining into 12 hour or 4GB segments like they are directed to do and used to (maybe a clue as to what is going on?) Other than a few user initiated problems that I have worked through BI has been super great for the last 5 years or so that I have been using it, I am sure I messed something up somewhere if I am the only one having these issues. Although I would hate to set up everything again, I might have to consider a clean install. It seems to run all day, then sometime during the night it freezes and loses connection to service, Then the need to rebuild or delete the DB everyday to get rid of all the files is getting old.
I think your database problems are due to the large 12 hour/4gig segments you are asking BI to create for you. I had the same problem a couple months ago and had to use lower parameters: combine or cut video each 1 hour or 3 GB segments. I think using larger segmentation was breaking my database. I was constantly having to repair/regenerate.

Reaction score
I think your database problems are due to the large 12 hour/4gig segments you are asking BI to create for you. I had the same problem a couple months ago and had to use lower parameters: combine or cut video each 1 hour or 3 GB segments. I think using larger segmentation was breaking my database. I was constantly having to repair/regenerate.
I use large segments, 24 hours with 100gb limits and I don’t have any issues.

I suspect the OP didn’t exclude BI fromMS defender and or is running BI as a local service instead of giving it admin credentials.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I suspect the OP didn’t exclude BI fromMS defender and or is running BI as a local service instead of giving it admin credentials.
WOW - I am on a dedicated machine and if the file was over 4gb playback it would take forever to start.

ffhamm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SO, since midnight, it crashed and restarted service 49 times. same error log details that I last posted. Yesterday it ran most of the day without any problems, I was beginning to think it was fixed. I think a clean install may be in my future, something I was trying to avoid since i have spent so much time tuning and tweaking it to get it to act like I like.

ffhamm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I suspect the OP didn’t exclude BI from MS defender and or is running BI as a local service instead of giving it admin credentials.
BI does not run as a local service my username and pw have been entered. I have it set to "Always run as Windows Admin"
Blueiris.exe and the folders on both drives used by BI are exempted from virus scan.
The size of the segments has never been a problem, even on my old machine. I prefer not to have a ton of clips, I like one for the day and one for the night. Its at my home so there isnt a lot to worry about.
I dont record continuously.
Again, if it didn't run so well for so long, I would assume that I was asking it to do something it couldn't do. But I really am not working this machine hard. When I do (edit video etc) BI continues to run without issue. It just cant seem to handle SOMETHING that happens overnight and occasionally during the day.
Thats why I posted logs, I hoped someone here could decipher them.

Reaction score
BI does not run as a local service my username and pw have been entered. I have it set to "Always run as Windows Admin"
Blueiris.exe and the folders on both drives used by BI are exempted from virus scan.
The size of the segments has never been a problem, even on my old machine. I prefer not to have a ton of clips, I like one for the day and one for the night. Its at my home so there isnt a lot to worry about.
I dont record continuously.
Again, if it didn't run so well for so long, I would assume that I was asking it to do something it couldn't do. But I really am not working this machine hard. When I do (edit video etc) BI continues to run without issue. It just cant seem to handle SOMETHING that happens overnight and occasionally during the day.
Thats why I posted logs, I hoped someone here could decipher them.
did you exclude BI DB files from the anti virus? What antivirus are you running?

ffhamm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
did you exclude BI DB files from the anti virus? What antivirus are you running?
I am only running windows defender. I scan monthly or with Malware bytes but it isnt installed. DB folders are excluded.

Reaction score
I am only running windows defender. I scan monthly or with Malware bytes but it isnt installed. DB folders are excluded.
I'm out of ideas as to why its crashing. Maybe something got corrupt, or maybe there's a 3rd party program on the computer causing BI to crash. Either way I would do a clean install. I strongly recommend you consider getting a PC specifically for BI. The way you have it setup is strongly not recommended. You can find a used one on eBay fairly cheap.

ffhamm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm out of ideas as to why its crashing. Maybe something got corrupt, or maybe there's a 3rd party program on the computer causing BI to crash. Either way I would do a clean install. I strongly recommend you consider getting a PC specifically for BI. The way you have it setup is strongly not recommended. You can find a used one on eBay fairly cheap.
I probably will reinstall. I was really hoping someone would look at the crash logs and guide my way. Everyone always asks for them to be posted, I figured that was because people understood them, This thing is driving me nuts. I know its something stupid. This computer doesnt know what time of day it is, but since implementing the suggestions here it seems to be fine all day. Nightime it crashes continuously. I dont have anything running that runs at night though.
I wont get a dedicated box. That defeats the purpose for me. BI has been pretty damn reliable on my daily driver until the last month or two. If I did that I might as well go back to a PVR.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it is pooping out at night then you must have a setting that is wonking it out - disabled cam that turns on at night or vice versa or something in a profile setting.

Would you use an NVR for other things LOL...

Reaction score
I probably will reinstall. I was really hoping someone would look at the crash logs and guide my way. Everyone always asks for them to be posted, I figured that was because people understood them, This thing is driving me nuts. I know its something stupid. This computer doesnt know what time of day it is, but since implementing the suggestions here it seems to be fine all day. Nightime it crashes continuously. I dont have anything running that runs at night though.
I wont get a dedicated box. That defeats the purpose for me. BI has been pretty damn reliable on my daily driver until the last month or two. If I did that I might as well go back to a PVR.
I’m sure some people here do understand the crash logs, but I do not. You can email support and attach the crash logs and see what they say.

The fact that BI mainly crashes at night is a clue. Something is changing at night that’s causing it to crash, wether it’s some program that auto runs, a failed windows update that keeps trying to install, or something else. Look at your computers active hours and see if the crashing corresponds with it.

At this point a clean install of windows would probably be the easiest solution. However, I still don’t understand why you allow the computer to sleep. Doing so Will prevent BI from recording an incident, and I’m sure it’s not good for the database.