Best way to talk about issue with Camera?

zosobao

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I purchased an EmpireTech 8MP IR Turret Smart AI IP Wired Camera,2.7mm–12.0mm Motorized Vari-Focal Lens,Support POE, Built-in MIC SMD 3.0, Face Detection,People Counting,White from Amazon on August 12, 2022. Today, the camera footage appears washed out (with gray). I checked the lens, and there is no issue. I also rebooted a couple different times. I am not sure if it has a one year warranty or if there are maybe some tips you can provide to help? This is the first time Ive had any issues with it, and absolutely nothing has changed, from a system perspective.

I've attached a pic of what the footage looks like.

Thanks,
Brock

Attachments

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And the 2 IVS tripwire rule for the sidewalk might not work as the way it was drawn. People most likely will walk pass it without trigger because it looks like the line was draw standing straight towards the sky like a tree. I will try draw the line a little side way if it was me.

zosobao

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fixed. For some reason, and I seriously don’t know why, the contrast was lowered way down. Thanks for the help everyone!

@JDreaming - the goal of the vertical tripwires was to capture people moving on the sidewalk near the cars. Perhaps I did it wrong.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Fixed. For some reason, and I seriously don’t know why, the contrast was lowered way down. Thanks for the help everyone!

@JDreaming - the goal of the vertical tripwires was to capture people moving on the sidewalk near the cars. Perhaps I did it wrong.
Unless it is working for you, it's not the ideal orientation. As dumb and difficult as this sounds, you need to think of the line and trigger area in a 3D space (I struggled with this concept when I first started setting them up). If you wanted to capture someone coming into your driveway you would want the tripwire to be placed horizontally so as to catch their mid section. This might mean the tripwire is actually in the street and not over the concrete of your driveway, if this makes sense.

I have a video of my PTZ and spotter cam that might help. You can see how I have the tripwires aligned and placed so that I hopefully cut people in half as they come down the sidewalk (or street). For Near-3 and IVS-2 you can see how far down the sidewalk he "is" before it is tripped.

Last edited:

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
In addition to the the other suggestions pertaining to dialing in your IVS. Any chance you performed the global calibration (for IVS) on the camera?