Backup internet

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you are right on the money, as well as all the "Boost" and other budget tier carriers that use T-Mobile

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
( with T-Mobile) I had to stand outside in fucking Minnesota 1 mile from the State fucking Capitol in 2014 for reception on important calls...When i let my Viet gf and family harang me about " it's cheaper its cheaper" ( grandfathered in with ATT Unlinited plan)
I switched, and regretted it inside of a week.....
Then I took a job in the Northwoods of Wisconny and there was zero Tmobile connection off the main highway, everybody up there was switching to Verizon, because they had bought up another carriers towers and were building out their network...( maybe US Cellular)
SO dumped that T-mobile phone for a verizon and never looked back

Last edited:

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@IReallyLikePizza2

Noticed your failover isn't using IPv6 and then read on the PFSense forum that IPv6 failover never worked. I shut off IPv6 on the failover line.

Who is your primary ISP? Your RTT is excellent. Here in two homes PFSense RTT is around 8.

Here have kept using T-Mobile's for grandfathered accounts (5 at $25 each unlimited no contract accounts). Well that and I personally use GV for cell phone / home phone.

That said I am not personally tethered to my cell phones.

My XFinity account never goes down. I did have XFinity run new lines to the house twice here relating to getting Gb. Still RTT is around 8 though.

Last edited:

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried getting ipv6 failover working a few times, and without static ipv6 blocks, it just isn't happening. Hopefully there is something that can be done in the future, but its not the end of the world

My primary is AT&T Fiber which is 1Gb symmetrical, that's why the latency is so good

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My primary is AT&T Fiber which is 1Gb symmetrical, that's why the latency is so good

Very good.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
FWIW... I woke up this morning and (like I'm prone to doing for whatever reason), I checked and saw that I was on both lower speed bands for T-Mobile B66/N71. I've learned from experience that a quick (well, two minute) cold boot will get me back to the good bands right away. That said, even on B66/N71 I'm getting 143/65 and if I weren't persnickity and checking it, it's plenty fast enough that I wouldn't even know it.