Automate config changes to Hikvision ColorVu cameras

dodgeboy

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a few hikvision colorvu cameras, and I'd like to script some changes to the "image" controls at specific times of the day. I found some older scripts that change day/night mode, and while they work they do not do what I want. I don't want the camera to go into b/w "night" mode. I simply want to change a few parameters between day time and night time. For instance, I like using WDR during the day, but I like using a slow shutter (1/3 or 1/6) and BLC at night to brighten the image. Those two settings are mutually exclusive, so I want to find a way to change them with a script. The only portion I really need help with is locating the XML parameters for this part of the configuration. I have a working script to PUT the XML parameters, but I can't find the right parameters for the items I want to change (BLC, WDR, Shutter speed). Is there a document I can read that outlines the rest of the parameters that are accessible in the camera?

dodgeboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually, I think I figured this out by using Chrome's developer tools and viewing the XML in the network tab. For some reason the shutter has to be set separately when enabling WDR, but I got it working.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a few hikvision colorvu cameras, and I'd like to script some changes to the "image" controls at specific times of the day.
Maybe another option -
Depending on the specific model of ColorVu - in the G3 5.5.160 firmware there are 6 profiles in Image settings, each of which can have an associated activation schedule. Over 12 months!
For example :

1621374220223.png

dodgeboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately my model/firmware version doesn't have that option. Mine are model DT347G-U running v5.6.2. That would be a really useful feature to have!