Are you ready for a EMP attack?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The simplest solution is to get a metal garbage can, sized to how much you want to protect. Wrap each object in at least two layers of aluminum foil, each layer insulated from the other, and mark them so you know what they are. Put them in the garbage can and that is best kept in a basement if you have one. I have a couple of small ones that can also serve as "go bags" with crank powered AM/FM/WX radios, solar chargers, LiPO batteries, NiMH batteries, walkie talkies and CB and ham gear. Powering the walkie talkies, CB and ham gear after an EMP is the biggest problem. Protecting things like generators and vehicles gets really complicated but it can be done. The point and objective is to dissipate the pulse and prevent it from reaching the devices.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The simplest solution is to get a metal garbage can, sized to how much you want to protect. Wrap each object in at least two layers of aluminum foil, each layer insulated from the other, and mark them so you know what they are. Put them in the garbage can and that is best kept in a basement if you have one. I have a couple of small ones that can also serve as "go bags" with crank powered AM/FM/WX radios, solar chargers, LiPO batteries, NiMH batteries, walkie talkies and CB and ham gear. Powering the walkie talkies, CB and ham gear after an EMP is the biggest problem. Protecting things like generators and vehicles gets really complicated but it can be done. The point and objective is to dissipate the pulse and prevent it from reaching the devices.
So sounds like I could purchase some metal trash cans painted in camo, and a big roll of aluminum foil, create a website, and start selling my amazing EMP protection kit, with one page of instructions. For maybe lets say, $479.00, I'll even include shipping! :headbang:

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So sounds like I could purchase some metal trash cans painted in camo, and a big roll of aluminum foil, create a website, and start selling my amazing EMP protection kit, with one page of instructions. For maybe lets say, $479.00, I'll even include shipping! :headbang:
But wait, that's not all. If you act now we'll throw in a super special metal ammo can for your enjoyment. Just pay the extra processing and shipping charges.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Ya Know,
Last year after hearing chatter early on of a monkeypox outbreak, It always seems the higher ups seem to project or predict what will come next. For years I have been hearing about a EMP attack on our grid be it man made or Mother nature doing the deed.
Could this be the answer to all your Emp Needs? like a vaccine on all your electrical equipment...:D Somebody sent me this, I think other Companies are doing the same thing, what do you all think.

EMP Sheild
Well Things just got a whole lot better, I actually just saw Ted Nugent Vouch for them on Their Youtube Channel...WTF

Ted 4 EMP LOL

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Many parts of the world are facing severe drought. There’s nothing new. A nasty solar flare is just another proposition by Mother Earth for us all to just calm the “F” down and get back to using common sense.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy’s camera business is going to flourish even more after the solar flare / geomagnetic storm

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Also a huge solar flare will reach an entire generation and finally teach them to finally get off their damn phones. Millennials jeez

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Here’s a video of the hardware in question that show case the owner and marketing person. There’s a whole bunch of horse shit combined with half truths in this video.

At the 10:00 minute mark the PR guy is trying to explain to the prepper how and why things still operate if the grid has been taken out by an EMP.

He’s saying that generator, solar, wind, micro hydro power generation is still fully operational after the same event?!?

The old guy early on also spouts off if this device is connected to a persons home it will protect all the attached devices?!?

You got to be ten kinds of stupid to believe these lies.

As stated an EMP is a extremely huge induced voltage that travels through the air that span E1, E2, E3.

The E just means how quickly the EMP pulse is seen and dissipates.

This same induced (EMF) voltage will penetrate anything that’s not properly air gapped, shielded, insulated, and grounded.

That car just sitting outside won’t start because the electronics are literally fried. That TV just sitting in a box unplugged sitting at Best Buy is dead because everything inside is fried.

That charge controller for that so called back up solar is fried. That DC - AC inverter for both solar and wind is fried!

To put a finer point on if Mouser electronics was in the EMP blast radius. Anything that’s on their shelf whether it be electronic or solid state would be fried. The only things that would survive on a component level are simple items like resistors, some capacitors, diodes.

Anything that has a coil like a relay or wire leads will act like a mini antenna and thus receive the EMP and induced EMF pulse.

It never ceases to amaze me even in 2022 that people are easily sold on a bag of rocks.

If people have an hour to kill and to laugh by all means watch this video!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not an engineer or physicist but I'm absolutely certain there is no way to "shunt" an EMP to ground other than a Faraday shield that totally surrounds the electronics being protected. The pulse is basically a square wave, from my understanding, which means a ramp up time in micro-micro-nano seconds. Nothing can switch that fast. They've obviously discovered a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and are lining their pockets with that gold.