Anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suburban28

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is anyone using a Hikvision NVR with built in POE and Dahua 4431? I thought this would be as easy as plugging the camera into a POE on the back of the NVR and installing it as ONVIF (insert magic here and walah) to get a live image. I've read the threads but it's not helping.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the camera show any sign of powering up?
Have you set the IP address of the camera to a static value that matches that of the selected PoE port of the NVR?
What 'ONVIF port' does the Dahua use?
Is it 80, the same as Hikvision cameras? Check this out with ONVIF Device Manager, from sourceforge.net (in the URL at the bottom of the 'Identification' page).

Suburban28

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you set the IP address of the camera to a static value that matches that of the selected PoE port of the NVR?
Is it 80, the same as Hikvision cameras? Check this out with ONVIF Device Manager, from sourceforge.net (in the URL at the bottom of the 'Identification' page).
Thanks for the reply. It does show signs of powering up. The NVR already assigned static addresses. The Dahua ONVIF port is 80. I've tried to use admin admin, admin 12345, and other variations without success.

I tried several times to get ONVIF Device Manager downloaded to an old windows laptop without success. I use a MAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
by default the camera has an address of 192.168.1.108, and when you mix and match brands.. dont expect the NVR to do any of the setup for you; ie configuring the network/ip.. they are only plug-n-play if you dont mix up brands.

Suburban28

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was able to get ONVIF downloaded to a Windows 7 laptop that I had forgotten about. When using ONVIF do I plug the camera directly to the NVR POE or do I need to plug it directly to ONVIF to access the camera. I've never used ONVIF before obviously.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
ONVIF Device Manager will only automatically detect devices that are on the same IP address range as the PC it is running on.
If it's easiest to leave the camera plugged in to the NVR PoE port, you could temporarily change the IP address of the PC that ODM is runnig on to an address in the same range as the camera is set to, and plug the laptop into a spare NVR PoE port.

Suburban28

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ONVIF Device Manager will only automatically detect devices that are on the same IP address range as the PC it is running on.
If it's easiest to leave the camera plugged in to the NVR PoE port, you could temporarily change the IP address of the PC that ODM is runnig on to an address in the same range as the camera is set to, and plug the laptop into a spare NVR PoE port.
Got it. I'll try that as soon as I get home. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk