Anybody know the status of the Android BI client?

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Problem is I have no reason other than the bank to upgrade my phone. It's old as dirt, a Nexus 6, but it has phenomenal battery life. Even as old as it is I can get 4 days on a charge easy, probably longer than that, I've never run it dry.

My friend who prompted this thread on the other hand, needs to get BI client. I talked him into BI and a phone client is an absolute necessity. He's in the process of upgrading his phone, a Samsung I think, so he's not a problem. I told him to let me know when he gets it and I'll come over and get BI up and running.

I'm not happy that something I paid good money for is being rendered obsolete by it's maker not allowing OS upgrades beyond a certain point in time. I know others will disagree but I stand by my opinion.

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i like android because of youtube vanced
lol, I got around that by purchasing YT premium through and Indian VPN. I'm happy to pay £1.x per month to get rid of the ads

It helps me sleep better at night knowing that a fraction of my pound a month is still going to creators ;)

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
lol, I got around that by purchasing YT premium through and Indian VPN. I'm happy to pay £1.x per month to get rid of the ads
It has more features then just block ads.. ;)
no shorts, stupid suggestions, no compact banners, no movie shelf, no community guidelines, no sd fallback
real black

and so on

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
happy that something I paid good money for is being rendered obsolete by it's maker not allowing OS upgrades beyond a certain point in time. I know others will disagree but I stand by my opinion.
It's a totally valid point and opinion, and I feel for you. At least Apple has made iOS15 compatible with phones as far back as far as the 6S, which I believe is a 2015 release, so a 6 year old phone.

It's an Android/Google software/hardware collaboration problem, and sadly iOS and Apple stands out in this regard if mission critical or resource intensive apps are important to you such as banking and CCTV. For those that call and text it's fine, but phones are also fully fledged PC's these days and sometimes the apps need the software and hardware upgrades combined to operate optimally.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Are we so dependent on our phone apps that this is an issue????

You know that you can probably access your bank accounts using online access instead of the app on your phone, right? I realize this means taking an extra 10 seconds to open a browser, hit the favorites link, and log into the site, but it will work on old phones and probably even Saltwater's TR80 (although I'm not sure how many dialup providers still exist).