Another Dahua PTZ install

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just installed this one today. The guy has an analog system already, so I can't record onto his DVR and he didn't want to buy an NVR. He has a pretty big computer and it's connected to a large TV on the wall. He uses it to go online and stuff. So, I installed smart PSS, added his DVR as a device and his new IP PTZ as a device. I'm useing smart PSS to record onto his external hard drive in it's own folder and he can view all his analog cameras, his new PTZ, and his house cameras all at the same time. He is a happy camper.

photo22-5.jpg

photo12-4.jpg

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nice lookin camera ;)

bet that was fun drilling 5 big holes through brick on a latter.. Why no corner mount? I found an ebay vendor that sells corner mount blanks (no holes, drill your own) for ~$35 shipped.. worked great with this camera and opened its viewable areas up to 270 degrees instead of 180.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261128650754

Seller: digitalcctv2005 (incase that link breaks and some future visitor is trying to find em)

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
He wants the PTZ to do a tour only in the front of his building. That is his parking lot. The side of the building is someone elses parking lot and he will never turn the camera that way. Thanks for the link though, just in case for the future.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
You know that camera really looks like a black dome, in that you can't easily tell which way it's facing. I'd say it's the best way to handle it- really crafty of dahua. Nice install too! I finally get a chance to see that goose neck of a bracket. It certainly makes the camera hang quite a bit lower from such a bracket. I'm not sure I could get away with that at home, as my wall bracket is already a little low for my taste. I'd somehow have to figure out if that camera could fit my bracket. Nice job, nice ptz!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its got a standard pipe thread going from the adapter to the bracket; i dont recall off top of my head but im sure the diamater is listed on dahua's site. (I think 2in?)

It is really hard to tell where it is pointing from any reasonable distance; unless its pointing right at you and you see the glare from the lens or the IR

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
low fps + constant motion = stutter; at 15fps+ its smooth like butter.. 30fps is great as you can make out objects even when moving real fast.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice lookin camera ;)

bet that was fun drilling 5 big holes through brick on a latter.. Why no corner mount? I found an ebay vendor that sells corner mount blanks (no holes, drill your own) for ~$35 shipped.. worked great with this camera and opened its viewable areas up to 270 degrees instead of 180.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261128650754

Seller: digitalcctv2005 (incase that link breaks and some future visitor is trying to find em)
Nelly's has some which are great. I used the pole mount and it is perfect for the white dahua ptz monster

http://www.nellyssecurity.com/accessories/mounts-brackets/outside-corner-mount-for-eyesurv-ptz-cameras.html

http://www.nellyssecurity.com/accessories/mounts-brackets/pole-mount-for-eyesurv-ptz-cameras.html

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm at 5fps and when there is motion, it kicks up to 15fps

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, for the most part, the time bar is green when no activity and scanning. Than is yellow when there is activity.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Very nice. I'm kinda hoping they make this very camera with a timing action version. Not sure if that could be a firmware update- probably could. This ptz has it all, but I'd miss timing action. I have scheduling needs in my ptz. Here's hoping. From purely a weight standpoint, this one would be a winner for me. This has got to be pretty light, right vec?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Shock, the black one is very light and the smallest IR dahua ptz I've used so far. For scheduled tasks, this new one with the windshield wiper has that option!

Clipboard01-114.jpg

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
JEEZ, you have THAT one now too?! I've been eyeing that one too, lol. The wiper thing is goofy I think, but it looks like a good one. Now if you could put wiper fluid in there and give it wash every now and then. right on! LOL. The black ptz overall probably would work better for me. It's a ways off, maybe they'll have even more to choose from by then.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah 30x would be great in residential applications; you can count the ants in the lawn 5 houses down. Now if I had a 100ft tall antenna tower in my yard; oah hells yeah! thats why it has a wiper, nobody wants to climb up that high up in the air to clean the sucker.. got it easy putting it on a balcony.

need to send a link to that camera to the local news company; it blows there crappy dirty ass skyscraper cam to hell.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
need to send a link to that camera to the local news company; it blows there crappy dirty ass skyscraper cam to hell.
LOL!!
Plenty of local news stations would benefit greatly from vector upgrading whatever little sky cam they use with one of those. He could do a nationwide tour. Or maybe farm out to some ipcamtalkers in the field for more rapid deployment ;)

Speaking of camera poles, one might like one of these extra PTZ cameras as backup for the kiravan ... http://kiravan.net/images/kiravan-image-02/ Prepare to be amazed just how much electronics and cameras a truck can hold! Though reality on that rig is probably that it already has some Department Of ... level stuff mounted.