Annke WZ500 info

Louisss

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. That helped a lot.

lovert

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello friends, I am sending my working link to the camera, maybe it will be useful to someone.
':pass'- your own or blank password

To reboot

To main stream

To sub stream:

led light off:

Beautiful !!!!

btw with mine when the CBR is set after reset the bit rate does not increase to the value set. First you must set to VBR and then back to CBR.

To set to VBR change the BitRateControlSelect=1 to BitRateControlSelect=0
eg
VBR Set
curl -s --user 'admin:pass' '192.161.10.241/form/ExtVideoparaCfg?ie6need=on&Payload=0&resolution=37&framerate=25&IPRate=50&BitRateControlSelect=0&quality=4&BitRate=6048000&_=1703415212493'

then CBR Set to get correct bitrate.
curl -s --user 'admin:pass' '192.161.10.241/form/ExtVideoparaCfg?ie6need=on&Payload=0&resolution=37&framerate=25&IPRate=50&BitRateControlSelect=1&quality=4&BitRate=6048000&_=1703415212493'

Last edited:

workdeath

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll for this thread. Found this when searching why my camera was resetting every day at 1am and why the spotlight would keep turn on even when I turned it off via app and set timers to keep them off.
To the point I outright painted over all the lights.
Sometimes it'll automatically recall to my previous ptz preset not just 0. Kept trying to fix the video view for it but the plugin is out of date.
Outside of the daily 1am camera reinit and sometimes when shifting between ptz locations the view sometimes shifts left of what it's supposed to be. Other than these issues I feel it's a good one,
I love this one more than the others I've gotten.

Kind of afraid to check out other options at this point.

AIexHbg

n3wb
Reaction score
Some times ago, I updated to V3.2.13-Tuya.

Changes I found so far:
  • PTZ works now in the correct manner, if the camera works upside down (vertical and horizontal mirror).
  • Using the mobile App, switching on the IR lights at night is not longer possible (only white lights for color mode).
    This may have something to do with the settings in the web UI. But I did not dive into that issue.
  • Using the Web UI, switching off the IR lights at night is not longer possible. This includes the usage of curl.
The last behavior in particular makes the camera worthless for my use case. The camera works behind a window. If I can't switch off the IR lights after the nightly reset with curl, the camera can't see anything through the reflective glass.

Does anyone have an idea how to overcome that issue?

Last edited:

workdeath

n3wb
Reaction score
Some times ago, I updated to V3.2.13-Tuya.

Changes I found so far:
  • PTZ works now in the correct manner, if the camera works upside down (vertical and horizontal mirror).
  • Using the mobile App, switching on the IR lights at night is not longer possible (only white lights for color mode).
    This may have something to do with the settings in the web UI. But I did not dive into that issue.
  • Using the Web UI, switching off the IR lights at night is not longer possible. This includes the usage of curl.
The last behavior in particular makes the camera worthless for my use case. The camera works behind a window. If I can't switch off the IR lights after the nightly reset with curl, the camera can't see anything through the reflective glass.

Does anyone have an idea how to overcome that issue?
I have electrical tape over all the lights. When it first started automatically turning on even when I had it off, I couldn't risk it turning on by itself so even though I fixed it in the setting via the Luminence setting, or think it did, I rather be sure it's covered.
SO yeah maybe somewhere one of the settings let you regain control.

I made sure there was no light bleed through. The only problem is IF you haves coming on, it will get hot, so unless you don't mind that or can solve it and turn it off, that's one way to do it.

AIexHbg

n3wb
Reaction score
I have electrical tape over all the lights. When it first started automatically turning on even when I had it off, I couldn't risk it turning on by itself so even though I fixed it in the setting via the Luminence setting, or think it did, I rather be sure it's covered.
SO yeah maybe somewhere one of the settings let you regain control.

I made sure there was no light bleed through. The only problem is IF you haves coming on, it will get hot, so unless you don't mind that or can solve it and turn it off, that's one way to do it.
Thank you very much. I have tried this before. But even 3 layers of adhesive tape melted. As far as I know, there is also metal adhesive tape. But then the heat is reflected back into the camera. I don't think that would be so good for the camera. It's a shame that there's no simple solution. As a last resort, I will probably cut the wires.

lovert

n3wb
Reaction score
Problem for me too because mine is out in a field and runs off solar and battery. With the previous Reolink I had in that place I could turn off the IR to save battery and just have it trigger the IR on when another camera elsewhere alerted.

Mine also does not ever return to the same PTZ position .. its useless.

All in all a very poor experience with my first Annke which will be my last. I've got 17 other cameras running and while not one is perfect the Annke is the worst and almost entirely useless. It does have a good zoom and reasonible optics and is low priced. You could say you get what you pay for but the best PTZ I have so far was a $150 from Aliex Express .. a very generic looking PTZ with 30x zoom and awesome IR .. also has endless 360 rotation.

Last edited: