Amazon lost my Dahua IPC-T2431T-AS?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I got mine, same camera, from Andy's Amazon store in two days and up in fifteen minutes. I truly love these quick and easy cameras. Bad news is it replaced one that I got from Andy not more than nine months ago. Just up and failed. Extreme heat will kill the weak. At least they're cheap. Another thing to like about these gems.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is my "lost" parcel story. I ordered a Display Port to HDMI adaptor from I believe Walmart. Anyways I got notice that it was shipping from New Jersey by ground and would be here in about a week. In the meantime after a couple of days the part shows up at my front door. I live in the Los Angeles area so it must have come in from a local warehouse. Well I kept watching the tracking information on the other shipment coming my way. Sure enough about a week later it was out for delivery. The 2nd part/shipment was never delivered and after looking at the tracking info it showed it being delivered to my house around 9:30 that night. Of course the duplicate part was never delivered as I kept a close eye out and of course my cameras cover everything. IMHO some magical book keeping took place. :) Anyways I did not care as I had already received the part. I just found the whole thing interesting. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got mine, same camera, from Andy's Amazon store in two days and up in fifteen minutes. I truly love these quick and easy cameras. Bad news is it replaced one that I got from Andy not more than nine months ago. Just up and failed. Extreme heat will kill the weak. At least they're cheap. Another thing to like about these gems.
I've never had any camera's fail due to heat and I've been using a mix of Dahua and Hik's since 2013. I've only had one or two fail due to not sealing the ethernet connector properly.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I've never had any camera's fail due to heat and I've been using a mix of Dahua and Hik's since 2013. I've only had one or two fail due to not sealing the ethernet connector properly.
Same here. The seal on one of the RJ-45 connectors had shrunk to to age. I big rain storm took out the connector and caused some shorting. I was able to clean up the connector on the camera side and installed a new connector on the cable side but the port on my NVR went out as a result of the short.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
What happened with this in the end?

My son had a similar issue, ordered a webcam from Amazon, next day it was showing as delivered but we had nothing, checked the CCTV to see if anything had been delivered that day and nothing at all. Contacted Amazon and they claimed it had been delivered but after pointing out that we had CCTV they then issued a refund as the webcam my son had ordered was now out of stock. My son did ask if they could get the GPS co-ordinates of the delivery but they weren't too interested and in the end my son ordered another webcam but not the one he really wanted.

Reaction score
What happened with this in the end?

My son had a similar issue, ordered a webcam from Amazon, next day it was showing as delivered but we had nothing, checked the CCTV to see if anything had been delivered that day and nothing at all. Contacted Amazon and they claimed it had been delivered but after pointing out that we had CCTV they then issued a refund as the webcam my son had ordered was now out of stock. My son did ask if they could get the GPS co-ordinates of the delivery but they weren't too interested and in the end my son ordered another webcam but not the one he really wanted.
I'll update the thread once the issue is resolved. I believe Andy is just going to send another camera. I ordered it directly from Andy via PayPal and Andy shipped it through Amazon. Since I did not order it using my Amazon account I can't call Amazon and file a claim, Andy has to handle it.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ordered a lot of items online the last 2 years because of the pandemic. There were 4 items showing as delivered at the front door and I got nothing after checking the camera. But all the sellers gave full refound after I contact them and mention I have CCTV and there were no delivery attemp on the date that the items was supposedly delivered. Amazon twice, and LaserShip twice.

I don't think it was any fault of the sellers but the delivery people dropping off items at the wrong address. I have to deliver 2 packages to 2 different neighbors the last 7 months because Amazon drop the items that wasn't mine at my front door. The house numbers were similar on both cases.

Reaction score
I forgot Amazon use to ship using Lasership. They were horrible!

Just to update this thread, Andy shipped me a new camera and I received it today! It looks like Andy shipped the camera yesterday afternoon. Andy sent me the tracking number this morning and it was delivered this afternoon. Thanks to @EMPIRETECANDY for having great customer service!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
The delivery people should be paid a high wage and then Amazon could select from a more competitive pool of applicants. But no, we gotta build space ships while delivery people are 1 check away from Food Stamps and Govt Assistance.
Its that model that pervades places like Best Buy etc…

DavidW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Being paid less isn't an excuse to do your job poorly. It's an excuse to work harder and find a better job with their recommendation if you think you are worth more. Playing victim for the employee without knowing their specific wage is simply arguing in hypothetical which doesn't contribute at all to any conversation. It looks like the typical driver makes about $16 an hour.

Last edited:

Dramus

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Amazon Logistics was so bad, here, that I finally ended-up in a conversation with their "executive"-level people, who did some kind of magic to put Amazon Logistics as my least-preferred shipping method, rather than my most. That worked well until USPS went to hell in a hand-basket

Now I rarely buy from Amazon anymore.

rmalbers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same here. The seal on one of the RJ-45 connectors had shrunk to to age. I big rain storm took out the connector and caused some shorting. I was able to clean up the connector on the camera side and installed a new connector on the cable side but the port on my NVR went out as a result of the short.
Yep, I've had two, very old cameras develop bad Ethernet jack connections from not weather sealing them properly.

quest100

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Last year I had the opposite problem. Amazon kept saying that an item was never delivered. I contacted Amazon to ask that the item be marked as delivered. Told them that I was sure that I had all four items ordered over the course of a couple month. After explaining this the agent asked me if I wanted a refund or or to reship. Ended up with a fifth $200 air filter. I guess it’s like the delivery drivers, they can’t deviate from their script.