All Hikvision Cameras offline after Router replacement

Brutus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Yesterday I upgraded to an Asus RT-AC88U AC3100 Router. Everything went well until I tried my 3 Hikvision CCTV Cameras. They are all showing as offline, I can't even ping them. Can somebody please advise me what I should do to get them online again. I am a complete novice so please make it as simple as possible.

I should add that I have a couple of Logitech cameras and they are working just fine.

Thanks in advance.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the key to this problem would be knowing the original IP address segment provided by the router, and the new IP address segment provided by the new router, and finding out that they are different.
And knowing that the Hikvision cameras were set up with fixed IP addresses (now on a different range) and the Logitech were on a DHCP IP address.
A possible solution is to find the cameras on the network with the SADP v3.x tool (Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.) and set the cameras up with an IP address of your choice in the new network range.

Brutus

n3wb
Reaction score
I think the key to this problem would be knowing the original IP address segment provided by the router, and the new IP address segment provided by the new router, and finding out that they are different.
And knowing that the Hikvision cameras were set up with fixed IP addresses (now on a different range) and the Logitech were on a DHCP IP address.
A possible solution is to find the cameras on the network with the SADP v3.x tool (Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.) and set the cameras up with an IP address of your choice in the new network range.
Thanks for the input Alistair. I already tried SADP (latest version) Unfortunately it does not find any Hikvision cameras at all because they are off-line. I need to know how to discover off-line cameras, I have the old IP addresses but that doesn't help at all.

sirius99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you not plug in your old router , even if not attached to your isp to get them back , then work out the confit that you need to change . It would help to see old and new router ip info.

It may also help to just wire the camera direct to your pc if you can and ensure the IP address of the pc is on the same subnet as the camera. That's how I got sadp to find mine .. wouldn't work over the network but would with direct connect

Brutus

n3wb
Reaction score
Appreciate your response. I'll give it a try in the morning.