All cameras gone after rewiring. Switch leds with a short blinking once every 5 seconds.

feropi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi.

I recently rewired my home setup with an NVR_DS-7604NI-K1/4P. Due to some house works I had to rewire. I used CAT CCA cable instead of the CAT5e that I had before. Tested wires before installing but I skipped the testing after. When I plugged the cables in, it never worked. Changed cables and tested them properly, all that happens is that the ethernet port LEDs blink once (both), shortly, every five seconds approximately. The cameras appear as disconnected in the HiLook android app. I have no monitor connected directly since the NVR is inside a small rack and there is no room for a monitor there but if necessary I can plug one with a long cable. I know from previous experiences that POE ports are short circuit proof. The NVR is protected by a very good No-brake. I have installed dozens of CCTV systems, I have seen blown DVRs and NVRs but this never happened to me before. I hope someone can give some advise.

Thanks,
Fernando

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I used CAT CCA cable instead of the CAT5e that I had before.
That will be higher resistance and may embarrass a PoE connection if the cable length is high.
What are the cable lengths?

Due to some house works I had to rewire. I used CAT CCA cable
What wiring standard did you use for the cable ends? T568A or T568B ?

Do you get the same effect when only one camera is connected?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I used CAT CCA cable instead of the CAT5e that I had before.
Not a good idea.
Tested wires before installing but I skipped the testing after.
Also not a good idea.
I have installed dozens of CCTV systems
Really? You must be very lucky!
I hope someone can give some advise.
1) Don't use CCA.
2) Re-terminate both ends to T-568B standard and test with at least cheap tester.

RJ45-Pinout-T568B_med.jpg cable_tester.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

feropi

n3wb
Reaction score
That will be higher resistance and may embarrass a PoE connection if the cable length is high.
What are the cable lengths?

What wiring standard did you use for the cable ends? T568A or T568B ?

Do you get the same effect when only one camera is connected?
Sorry, I missed the 6 in CAT6 CCA, replaced it for CAT5e, 100% copper.

I use T568B standard. The effect happened whenever I plug 1 o 4 cameras, in any port.

In the last 15 minutes One camera got online. But verification code is not accepted, changed it and still nothing. I even reactivated the camera and still nothing.

feropi

n3wb
Reaction score
Not a good idea.

Also not a good idea.

Really? You must be very lucky!

1) Don't use CCA.
2) Re-terminate both ends to T-568B standard and test with at least cheap tester.

View attachment 85301 View attachment 85300
Yes, I know and I deserve it. But it's no luck. I just got lazy because it's my home setup. I learned the hard way.

I missed the 6 in CCA6, but now I changed it for cat5e 100% copper. I always use T568B in both ends. I test the cables with a not so cheap tester. It checks for shorts, wrong order, uneven impedances and give approximated lengths. The cable lengths are 2 x 15m and 2 x 29m.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

feropi

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally got one camera online. I had to change verification code, change admins password (this didn't worked before this) and re-activate the camera. This camera works in three ports. Port number 2 has the same blinking issue and no connection from this port.

feropi

n3wb
Reaction score
Not solved yet. Port number 2 still doing the same. I tried to power another POE device (IP phone) and it did the same. Not POE devices can access to the network. Do you think that it could be a physical damage?