Alerts driving me insane

XtremeAaron

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I fairly recently had a hdd die, and had to start totally over. I am getting duplicate alerts/notifications when a camera is triggered. I have researched left and right trying to figure out how to fix this but no luck, hopefully y'all can help. I also ran repair database. For this porch camera I would just like motion alerts and don't need continuous recording.

Please take a look at the following screenshots of my settings pages and tell me what I'm doing wrong. BI5.

Thank you.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Was it the HDD that BI was on? Maybe you have two instances running somehow - one on an SSD and one on a HDD?

Your porch one seems like it shouldn't be alerting with that setup - are there holiday lights on in the view that is triggering it?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
If not, consider:
Under "camera settings" => "trigger" => "motion sensor" => "algorithm", change from "edge vector" to "simple".

XtremeAaron

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The HDD that died was the os drive with BI on it. I replaced it with an SSD and installed BI on it again. I run a purple drive for all storage needs.

The funny thing is, any time motion triggered, the same timestamped image/clip would be pushed and notified to our phones but it was a repeat each time the camera triggered. Nothing new was being captured.

I made the change to simple, same problem persists.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
i can't help with the result of the lost C:\ Drive.
But i can share what i have running everyday.
I can format a drive and install the running configuration of Windows with Blue Iris exactly as it was when the Image was copied.

1670043122415.png

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have had this before where a new trigger would use the previous notification image on the new notification. I can't remember the exact steps I used to rectify (it was only a one camera and happened infrequently) but I think it's something going wrong in the DB. Try to repair/regenerate the db and clip previews etc and see if that solves the issue.

XtremeAaron

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here's the steps I just tried to resolve my issues. Tips from previous posts in this thread, ran repair/regenerate, deleted the camera, imported settings from a working camera and now all is well. I have to tweak some motion detection settings to limit useless triggers but otherwise the issues in this thread are fixed.

Thank you all for your help.

Attachments