Alert schedule seperate from motion detection schedule?

Reaction score
Good morning,

I have three different installs of BI currently. All is working quite well. I am looking to set up some profile work. Here is my question (as the profile part is a bit confusing to me):

I have a PTZ auto tracker which monitors an entrance to an area. I have it set to record on motion 24/7. The client wishes to have email alerts sent on motion from 6PM unti 6AM 7 days a week. I have the email alerts working without issue however, right now, I am manually turning this on and off at 6am and 6pm. However, according to what I see, it is an all or nothing schedule.

I cannot figure out how to have the camera be active for motion 24/7 but only send email alerts for 12 of those 24 hours.

Any help would be wonderful! Thanks in advance.

Jon

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning,

I have three different installs of BI currently. All is working quite well. I am looking to set up some profile work. Here is my question (as the profile part is a bit confusing to me):

I have a PTZ auto tracker which monitors an entrance to an area. I have it set to record on motion 24/7. The client wishes to have email alerts sent on motion from 6PM unti 6AM 7 days a week. I have the email alerts working without issue however, right now, I am manually turning this on and off at 6am and 6pm. However, according to what I see, it is an all or nothing schedule.

I cannot figure out how to have the camera be active for motion 24/7 but only send email alerts for 12 of those 24 hours.

Any help would be wonderful! Thanks in advance.

Jon
Welcome to the forum. Simply add a profile for 6-7 and set that profile to send alerts...disable alerts on the current profile.

Reaction score
I created a profile to be active from 6 pm to 6 am. I then configured that profile to send alerts. Problem is, that none of the other cameras recorded during that time frame. It seems like it is an all or nothing on the schedule? Basically, I need all cameras to record on motion 24/7 which works fine under the default profile. But then I need the one camera only, to send email alerts only during the stated time period. Ughhh...the schedule and profile thing seems very confusing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I created a profile to be active from 6 pm to 6 am. I then configured that profile to send alerts. Problem is, that none of the other cameras recorded during that time frame. It seems like it is an all or nothing on the schedule? Basically, I need all cameras to record on motion 24/7 which works fine under the default profile. But then I need the one camera only, to send email alerts only during the stated time period. Ughhh...the schedule and profile thing seems very confusing.
Its not all or nothing. You are setting it up incorrectly...the schedule is actually SUPER flexible and that is why it appears confusing. All you need to do is set this new alert profile to ALSO record 24/7...in EACH camera record tab, select the new profile and set recording to continuous.

Reaction score
So if i understand you correctly, the profile to be used on each tab (for instance the record tab, and the alerts tab) operate separate from each other? If this is what you are referring to, when I set my record tab to use the default profile 1 (which is constant) and set the alerts profile differently, whenever I go back in to the alerts tab, it is set back to profile 1... Just to clarify, I dont want the cameras to record 24-7, I want them to trigger on motion 24-7. But on motion events, only email during the hours of 6p to 6a. I think when you mention set recording to continuous, I tried that, and it put the camera into full time recording.

Reaction score
I missed the part where you draw all your profiles on one schedule. So one main schedule, fill in all the hours of the day. Then on the camera, you choose what to do during each of those profiles for record, motion, alerts, etc. Wow...now it makes total sense... thanks for pointing some stuff out to me.

J

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I missed the part where you draw all your profiles on one schedule. So one main schedule, fill in all the hours of the day. Then on the camera, you choose what to do during each of those profiles for record, motion, alerts, etc. Wow...now it makes total sense... thanks for pointing some stuff out to me.

J
Yes.