AI motion detection with BlueIris: an alternate approach

neile

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does this also support masks like AITools?
Yes. See the trigger documentation for how to configure it. Note that I just realized I have a bug with it but I'll push an update out to fix that later today.

Edit: I was mistaken, no bug. Woot!

Last edited:

neile

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Making progress (I think) followed steps to edit files (only trigger file as default time zone and AIinput locations already matched in docker compose). But when I try to run docker-compose up in CMD, I get this error

C:\Users\mark2>docker-compose up
ERROR: yaml.parser.ParserError: expected '<document start>', but found '<block mapping start>'
in ".\..\..\docker-compose.yml", line 427, column 11
This means there's an error in your docker-compose.yaml file. I just tested with the sample config that's available on GitHub and it worked fine. The path and line count in that error is highly suspicious and makes me think you are not running docker-compose in the same directory as your downloaded yaml file.

If you need assistance figuring out why please open a support issue in GitHub and include the contents of your file.

Splat

n3wb
Reaction score
Does this also support masks like AITools?

Got the week off this week so may have a play with both.
Masks are supported but different to AITools. Here you need to configure the zone in the triggers.json (IE "masks": [{"xMinimum": 530, "yMinimum": 230, "xMaximum": 630, "yMaximum": 290}]). I found using Paint.NET to find the coordinates of the area I wanted to mask worked well then defined them in the file.

Check out Defining masks here

neile

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any Pushbullet fans out there? I've got everything written to add Pushbullet as one of the notification methods but wouldn't mind having someone take it for a spin before I promote the code to the dev image. If so let me know.

Nashional

n3wb
Reaction score
Great work. First time Windows 10 (2004) Docker user. I can't for the life of me get the image paths correct. What exactly should I be using if the files are at "P:\Security\images" in the config and trigger files?

neile

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great work. First time Windows 10 (2004) Docker user. I can't for the life of me get the image paths correct. What exactly should I be using if the files are at "P:\Security\images" in the config and trigger files?
See this comment on a support issue in GitHub: Correctly Write Mount Point for Source Images · Issue #286 · danecreekphotography/node-deepstackai-trigger.

If that doesn't help feel free to open a support issue there for more assistance and be sure to include a copy of your docker compose and trigger files.

Arno Nel

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I have a camera on top of my garage, looking over my own two cars.
Is it possible to turn on car detection, but ignore my cars. I know I can mask, but looking if there is a smarter (AI) way to train tool to ignore my car, maybe based on make/model/license?

neile

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
I have a camera on top of my garage, looking over my own two cars.
Is it possible to turn on car detection, but ignore my cars. I know I can mask, but looking if there is a smarter (AI) way to train tool to ignore my car, maybe based on make/model/license?
The system uses an off-the-shelf AI solution that doesn't have a way to train it with different things. For your situation you can set up two triggers with the same camera. The first trigger should mask where the cars are parked and should trigger on cars. The second trigger shouldn't have a mask and should trigger on people.

Arno Nel

n3wb
Reaction score
Any "helpers" for setting you masks? Or is it trial and error?

naidu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is the best way to mount my windows aiinput folder to linux where the docker and script is running? Also, anyone have done and node red integration to /arm /disarm mqtt notification from telegram?

neile

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the best way to mount my windows aiinput folder to linux where the docker and script is running? Also, anyone have done and node red integration to /arm /disarm mqtt notification from telegram?
Are you running Docker on the same Windows machine as BlueIris? If not, do. It's by far the simplest and easiest way to get this up and running. Once you have it on the same machine BlueIris see this comment in GitHub for an example of setting it up.

I have Home Assistant + NodeRed managing all my camera motion stuff for me, including setting notifications. MQTT events are sent if you configure MQTT in settings.json, see the wiki for how to enable it and how to define an MQTT handler plus what the events look like. There's also a page on how to add MQTT binary sensors to Home Assistant which you can then use directly in NodeRed.

neile

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Version 4.0.0 is out with Pushbullet support!

Breaking changes

• settings.json and triggers.json can no longer have unrecognized properties in them. While this is technically a breaking change it shouldn't impact anyone in practice. The addition of this requirement is to ensure new users get real-time notifications of typos/mistakes in their configuration files while editing in tools that support schema validation (such as Visual Studio Code).

Non-breaking changes

• Pushbullet notifications are now supported as trigger handlers. Enable it in settings.json then add pushbullet handlers to your triggers in triggers.json.

To update simply run docker-compose pull from the command line then docker-compose up to restart the services.

VladGur

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome project @neile !
It looks like you are running BI + dockerized home assistant, node red and your deepstack integration on the same machine. How much memory do you have on it and how cpu-intensive is your deepstack project?
Ive been running home assistant and node red on a RPI 3 and its more than sufficient for it, but I think I dont think RPI will have the juice for the image analysis required.
Does deepstack benefit from any hardware acceleration provided by 6+gen intel cpus?

neile

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome project @neile !
It looks like you are running BI + dockerized home assistant, node red and your deepstack integration on the same machine. How much memory do you have on it and how cpu-intensive is your deepstack project?
Ive been running home assistant and node red on a RPI 3 and its more than sufficient for it, but I think I dont think RPI will have the juice for the image analysis required.
Does deepstack benefit from any hardware acceleration provided by 6+gen intel cpus?
I have Home Assistant and NodeRed on an RPI4. BlueIris, Deepstack, and this trigger system are on a dedicated PC. It is a normal PC I built for this but nothing fancy. Entry level AMD CPU, 16GB RAM. I would not run DeepStack on an RPI.

neile

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome project @neile !
Yes Deepstack uses some of the hardware stuff if available I believe.

naidu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you running Docker on the same Windows machine as BlueIris? If not, do. It's by far the simplest and easiest way to get this up and running. Once you have it on the same machine BlueIris see this comment in GitHub for an example of setting it up.

I have Home Assistant + NodeRed managing all my camera motion stuff for me, including setting notifications. MQTT events are sent if you configure MQTT in settings.json, see the wiki for how to enable it and how to define an MQTT handler plus what the events look like. There's also a page on how to add MQTT binary sensors to Home Assistant which you can then use directly in NodeRed.
My HA, Deepqest, is running on another machine (Linux). If I mount my windows drive onto my Linux drive will that work (