After computer rebooted, all menus were in Chinese!!!

thestubbornrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been running my cameras for over six months. All of my cameras had english menus. After my computer rebooted last week, one of my cameras change to Chinese menus. Why would it change on its own after working for months in english?
I updated firmware to 5.2 thinking it would fix the issue, but it hasn't.

Any easy fixes out there for this?

TD22057

n3wb
Reaction score
I just received a new DS-2CD2432F advertised as a multi-language 5.2.5 firmware. When I connected to it the first time, I had cookies disabled and got a message saying that and I swear the menus were in English. When I turned cookies on and reconnected, everything is in Chinese with no option to change it. I tried a factory restore, clearing cookies, editing the language cookie to say "en", nothing. Any other ideas?

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you updated firmware, cam has changed to chinese automaticaly.

TD22057

n3wb
Reaction score
If you updated firmware, cam has changed to chinese automaticaly.
I know. At least in my case, this is the way they came from the seller. I'm guessing it was a bad firmware-hack on their end. I'm in communication w/ my seller and hope to get whatever firmware they think should be on the camera sent to me but the US->China time difference is making it slow going.

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know. At least in my case, this is the way they came from the seller. I'm guessing it was a bad firmware-hack on their end. I'm in communication w/ my seller and hope to get whatever firmware they think should be on the camera sent to me but the US->China time difference is making it slow going.
if you are successful getting firmware from seller let us know as I cannot get firmware from any seller to date I have got cameras from.

TD22057

n3wb
Reaction score
if you are successful getting firmware from seller let us know as I cannot get firmware from any seller to date I have got cameras from.
Will do. Hopefully the turn around on messages is a faster tomorrow when the normal work week starts in China. They said their engineers would work with me so I'm hoping they'll just send me the firmware to use.

TD22057

n3wb
Reaction score
More detail on my problem: If I reset the camera and clear all cookies, the menus will show up in English but day of week is still in Chinese. Looking at the cookies set by the camera, the language cookie is "en". If I close my browser and re-open it, everything is in Chinese with no other option showing and the lanuage cookie is set to "zn".

Not sure that helps anyone with anything but I figured I would write it down somewhere since I bothered to test it. The seller is still asking me to do things like reset the camera so I've made any progress with them either. But since the camera does show English after a reboot, my guess is that their hacked firmware is hacked badly and doesn't work very well.

TD22057

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI - I did get two different firmwares from the seller - both were 5.2.5 and labelled for use w/ cameras from different build dates. Both files updated successfully using tftp to my camera but neither fixed the problem. I'm guessing this is going to be a return or I'm just going to deal with it...