Adding a Dahua camera to Hikvision NVR

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an 8 port poe Hikvsion nvr DS-7608) and trying to add a (Dahua) DH-SD22A204TN-GNI. First time I tried to do this, I bricked the camera by thinking the problem was firmware. I was lucky in being able to get the merchant to replace it so I am back trying to add it to my NVR. I can see it using Blue Iris but my preference is to have it viewable via Live View from the NVR. 7 ports are populated but I cannot successfully add the 8th camera. I am using the ONVIF protocol. The 8th port has an IP Address of 192.168.254.9. and I have configured the camera with this static Ip Address. I also used the Onvif Device manager to Identify the Streaming string to use. The NVR errors that Network is not reachable.

Would it be of any value to plug the Dahua camera into one of the other ports, even though I now have an HIkvision Camera in those other ports? Will I mess up by do this?

Any help would be appreciated.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The NVR errors that Network is not reachable.
Considering that you have set the camera IP address to match the IP address configured on the NVR PoE port 8 that's an unexpected error.
What did you use for the default gateway on the camera network configuration? The correct value should be 192.168.254.1
What did ONVIF Device Manager identify as the 'ONVIF' port? This can be seen in ODM in the URL at the bottom of the Identification page. If there is no obvious port showing (ie after a ':' ) then it is 80. This is the port you'd need to use in the NVR ONVIF configuration.

As an experiment, to confirm connectivity, it may be worth seeing if the camera can be added using a Generic RTSP connection.
This would be done via a 'Custom Protocol'.
You've said that you have the RTSP string.
The path in the NVR setup would be everything in the RTSP string after the IP address, starting with the '/' .

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will look into this.