Acusense and basic motion detection

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think BI would solve all those issues... I do exactly as you describe....and more....

IAmWatchingYou!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Vandoe Since you record to SD card as well, do you use Acusense to only record vehicles and humans? And if so, are you using Event > Basic Event > Motion Detection with Vehicle and Human selected?

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Vandoe Since you record to SD card as well, do you use Acusense to only record vehicles and humans? And if so, are you using Event > Basic Event > Motion Detection with Vehicle and Human selected?
i use continuous recording to the NVR as well as the SD card. SD card is just a back up if for whatever reason my NVR went down. However I went in and set up one camera as you have. Just motion detection with vehicles and humans checked and armed to only trigger a recording if the event occurred. And then to allow some time to pass to capture footage, I decided to do the overdue dreaded windows update and have been patiently waiting for it to finish to check out the results lol. I will update you once I can see what it did!

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Alrighty friend. I set one camera as you have. Motion enabled with human and people set to record only on event. I actually got nothing at all.
But then I changed to record motion and that did the trick!
So set up your motion, arm continuous, make sure to click trigger recording and upload to memory card. Then under recording set it to motion, not event.
I only have clips of actual people or vehicles on the sd card so should work for you.

IAmWatchingYou!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Vandoe
I tested the exact same configuration as you (tthe only thing I had to change was the recording schedule from event to motion) and the camera still records on any motion, not just vehicles and humans. Recording still gets triggered on leaves blowing around, my hand waving in front of the camera, trees swaying. etc. So, clearly and sadly this is a bug in the 2387's firmware:poop:.

Thanks a lot for testing that out. I'll have to plan on sending the camera back if the seller can't get the issue resolved with Hikvision.

Last edited:

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Vandoe
I tested the exact same configuration as you (tthe only thing I had to change was the recording schedule from event to motion) and the camera still records on any motion, not just vehicles and humans. Recording still gets triggered on leaves blowing around, my hand waving in front of the camera, trees swaying. etc. So, clearly and sadly this is a bug in the 2387's firmware:poop:.

Thanks a lot for testing that out. I'll have to plan on sending the camera back if the seller can't get the issue resolved with Hikvision.
And this is when you are playing back via web browser on the actual camera?

IAmWatchingYou!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well yes - that's where the issue is, when recording to the SD card in the camera. I don't have an NVR.

All the recordings below except for 2 are just from leaves blowing around and trees swaying. As I said, it does however only notify the app on Human and Vehicle.

1669057369126.png

1669057322374.png

1669057668272.png

Attachments

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well yes - that's where the issue is, when recording to the SD card in the camera. I don't have an NVR.

All the recordings below except for 2 are just from leaves blowing around and trees swaying. As I said, it does however only notify the app on Human and Vehicle.

View attachment 146262

View attachment 146261

View attachment 146263
Wow yea that is very weird. I’ll check what firmware version I’m on when I get home. Hopefully they can fix it for you. It should work since it’s an acusense camera even without an NVR.
Why don’t you try taking record off of any schedule. And then in motion detection just keep the alarm continuous, and checking upload to sd card, notify surveillance center and trigger recording. Since the alarm seems to be acting correctly.

IAmWatchingYou!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you disable the schedule, it will disable video recording completely. The schedule is necessary as all recording is based on the schedule no matter what. The linkage method ties to the schedule in order to record. If you disable the schedule, there will be no video recording.

The "Upload to FTP/Memory Card/NAS " option is only for a single snapshot image storage. This does not record video. The very last post here also explains that:

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you disable the schedule, it will disable video recording completely. The schedule is necessary as all recording is based on the schedule no matter what. The linkage method ties to the schedule in order to record. If you disable the schedule, there will be no video recording.

The "Upload to FTP/Memory Card/NAS " option is only for a single snapshot image storage. This does not record video. The very last post here also explains that:
Yea makes sense. Was just trying to think of anything else to play around with. Glad to have an NVR to do all this for me regardless lol

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did check and am running a newer firmware version than you are. Maybe that was fixed!

SafetyCams

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my 2387G2. Firmware 5.7.10 build 220720. Using BI, not an NVR. Would like the SD card in the camera to only record human and vehicle.

Under Basic Event, motion I have "Target Detection" human and vehicle options checked. The camera records all motion to the SD card, not just human and vehicle.

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my 2387G2. Firmware 5.7.10 build 220720. Using BI, not an NVR. Would like the SD card in the camera to only record human and vehicle.

Under Basic Event, motion I have "Target Detection" human and vehicle options checked. The camera records all motion to the SD card, not just human and vehicle.
Under your record schedule is it set to event or motion? If event, switch it to motion. If it still doesn’t work you must have same issue as OP.