Acusense 2.0 and ColorVu 2.0

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. From what I can tell, none of the product literature for this model indicates Accusense or anything actually new. Does anyone know what's actually different and gen 2?

EDIT: I see now comparing to the G1 product literature that theG2 has 130dB dynamic range compared to the G1s 120dB. I assume there's some hardware reason for this.

As I am in the states I assume I'd need to order the gen2 model from a supplier in the UK? Any recommendations?
Gen 2 COMES WITH ACUSENSE. The only main difference from G1 to G2 is the introduction of Acusense and 4mp upgrade. Everything else is basically the same.

Attachments

timblaktu

n3wb
Reaction score
@coney27 any thoughts on the g2 lights? I wonder if the camera is any better than g1 with the LEDs dimmed or disabled?

Last edited:

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@coney27 any thoughts on the g2 lights? I wonder if the camera is any better than g2 with the LEDs dimmed or disabled?

I'm never a fan of the built in LED lights. To me they seem like a gimmick in order to compensate with a overly dark scene. The ColorVu works best with some ambient light. And when there is non your suppose to operate the Colorvu with the LEDs. In my opinion the LEDs almost always diminish the picture when there is no ambient light. I'll probably be posting a review in a week or so covering the entire Colorvu G2 version.

sillycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They may be a dumb question, but are you relying on the camera's processor for motion detect? Is it worth spending more money on a camera with this technology if you use BI to do the motion detection?

timblaktu

n3wb
Reaction score
They may be a dumb question, but are you relying on the camera's processor for motion detect? Is it worth spending more money on a camera with this technology if you use BI to do the motion detection?
My understanding is that motion detection in this camera does not control the lights in any way. (Lights are controlled by light sensor and/or schedule)

I think the new g2 which has Accusense has some sophisticated motion sensing in it's algorithm but that's for machine learning purposes and probably not for reasons you would be using the motion sensing in Blue Iris.

FWIW, I got a response from hikvision us sales indicating there were no plans to release gen2 in the States. Perhaps I'll buy some of these from the UK if someone recommends a supplier..

EDIT: ... or not. Wow are these cameras really 190 euro each??

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

get some colorvu 2.0 in this weekend, i will invite @alastairstevenson to make a short review with this G2, and can compare to his G1. Hope it's good!
I just ordered the mini bullet version. Seems from the specs that it is newer hardware. Reason I say this is that older hardware have a max of 128 for SD card. The bullet has max of 256 gigs for the SD card that I have been seeing on the newer Hikvision camera specs. Also I chose the bullet instead of the turret because it supports ONVIF profile S, G and T where the turret is only profile S and G. Other than that the specs seem the same across the board. Can't wait to get this and compare to the gen 1 colorvu.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you see a image difference especially at night verse the G1 version?

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
Not as of yet. I don't expect to see a different in video at all. I expect to a difference in analytics and false alarm reduction which makes the G2 worth while.

J5TECH

n3wb
Reaction score
Not as of yet. I don't expect to see a different in video at all. I expect to a difference in analytics and false alarm reduction which makes the G2 worth while.
Thanks for the feedback.

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you see a image difference especially at night verse the G1 version?

Yes G2 is just a hair better. It's a bit brighter and less noise at night under the same settings.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes G2 is just a hair better. It's a bit brighter and less noise at night under the same settings.
G2 is better using the default settings? From what I remember the G1 by default is using shutter speed of 1/30 with a gain of 100%. I wonder if it is the hardware side that is improved or just optimization of the software (firmware). The gain seems to do a lot as far as brightness on the G1. Wonder if turning that down to 0 on the G2 to rely on the hardware sensor's ability to absorb light and see then if the picture is better or more less the same.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like the gain option was taken away in the G2.
G1Screenshot_20201209-132808_Chrome.jpg
G2Screenshot_20201209-132952_Chrome.jpg

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The gain is usually only configurable if the camera is set to Day or Night. If Day/Night is set to Auto it's disabled - at least that's how it is in other models.
You are correct. Disregard my previous post.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here's a quick video from my G2 which I installed yesterday. If anyone knows how I can capture video with the rules showing please let me know.